Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Yes 81 64.29%
No 45 35.71%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 05:13 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,622,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So you left happy, but still that cop urinated on the Fourth Amendment, not to mention was unprofessional. He was being paid by taxpayers to uphold the law and public safety, and he spent 20 minutes chatting w/ you? If I did that in my job, I would probably be fired.
Maybe he was on a break. What part of the 4 th amendment did the officer violate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Yes. I had to drive though a crime ridden section of town in the early a.m.(430am) to arrive on time at work and would on occasion be pulled over by local pd. They usually said I had a tail light or brake light out. I did not. But after checking my credentials, (and see I was a clean cut and socially decent Caucasian), they would let me go. I worked at a nuclear power plant and showed them my IDs and that was enough.
Probably wouldn't have turned out as well if you weren't a "SOCIALLY DECENT CAUCAISIAN"

Old 10-03-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I had a Thunderbird with black rims. That car looked like unmarked police cars that the local PD use. Got pulled over about twice a week so they could check me out.

Most common lie they used on me: you were driving on the white line.
You should have sold the car and bought a Toyota Corolla. Problem solved.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:42 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,413,557 times
I've been pulled over a number of time for really little things, always late at night, always looking to hook me up for DUI...

Old 10-03-2014, 05:36 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
It hasn't happened to me but I keep hearing from people (both friends and bloggers) who have been pulled over for no apparent reason.. then the cop can't find anything wrong with the driver and lets him off with no ticket. The only common aspect between all of these instances is that the driver was driving an old but fully working car in a relatively affluent area although this isn't necessarily the case in every single incident.
Nah, there's always a reason and yes my friends and I always have known what it was. I think police are on high alert these days and much more fearful than they used to be.

What's sad is that nearly every single outdoor/wilderness late night hang out spot my friends and I used to go to 20 years ago are now secured up and patrolled (was even pulled over after just walking our old college campus reminiscing about the old days a few weeks ago because "classes weren't in session")... so when we get together there's no more late night outdoor venues for us. I feel bad for our children who will never know the fun of just hanging out with buddies/friends at the lakes, wooded areas, and campuses that I grew up innocently enjoying. Just because we're out and about doesn't mean we want to cause trouble... sometimes you just want a place to relax away from the house or in the great outdoors.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:10 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,311,022 times
The only thing I can think of is when we were pulled over on I95. My wife was driving and passed a motorcycle cop who had slowed in traffic. She was not speeding, but he pulled her over and was absolutely irate that she passed him.

So, I guess he had a reason, although bogus.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:38 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
Some cops think that they are 100% correct in every little detail.

If you ever have a chance....ask if they have a pencil.... look at it...if you do check the eraser for it to be NEW looking or have round corners from usage meaning he made mistakes and point it out. You may get a ticket but fight it and bring up the eraser with the judge.

I once got a ticket that should have NOT been given as I had pulled into a commercial driveway with cars coming towards me but a reasonable distance away.

So I pondered the ticket and was reading it and noticed the address that I was written up at DID NOT EXIST.

I looked up the Penal Code Number for a Police Officer Perjury of which he qualified based upon his signature on the ticket.

In court he was real confident until I quoted the Penal Code infraction of Perjury and you could have heard a pin drop also the Bailiff almost jumped out of his shoes and stared at me.

The judge sat real quiet for 3-5 mins and then fined me 1/2 of what the real fine might have been.

As for the cop I looked for him many times and have Never seen him since. He may have been transferred or fired.

He was supposed to know his assigned patrol area and this was on a main street with many business, Banks and Post Office where I pulled into and still wrote down the wrong address....I also took pictures proving my case.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:47 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,125,377 times
Only one time. I was a passenger and we were driving through a rural area. Cop checked the license and registration and let us go. He never said why he pulled us over. Later on the news, we found out that someone had escaped from a nearby prison and they were looking for him. I guess the cop was pulling everyone over on that road to get a look in the car.

Where I live they set up to catch drunk drivers every holiday weekend. I haven't gotten pulled over by one of these, but apparently they pull people over just to see if they have been drinking.

Old 10-05-2014, 06:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Um...?
For no reason? No.
There was always a reason....didn't get a ticket, tho.
(I was young.)

Lots of times, I did, however get a ticket....but, when I did, twice....never showed up
anywhere bec I was
in between states and changing my license. Whew!

Old 10-05-2014, 07:52 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,610,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
This was a long, long time ago when I lived in Colorado. I was riding a Suzuki GS 1000-S outside of Rocky Mountain National Park when I saw the red and blue lights behind me, and I pulled over. The trooper got out, walked up to me and said "Sweet ride! I've only seen pictures of them." We chatted for about twenty minutes and he thanked me and left.
I had a cop come to my house to ask me about my dogs. No, the dogs did nothing wrong. The cop was interested in buying the same breed of dog and he wanted to know how behaved they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive