Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the advice all. When I get home ill have time to look through all your posts.

I just found a murano for 18k under 35k miles. I know its not small but it seems like a better deal to me, plus they are open to negotiation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
One thing that I learned a long time ago. You can afford to walk away. Here is another one I learned maybe 6 years ago from a former CEO of our health care system. You write a price down that you are willing to pay for the car that you want and tell the dealer that is your offer. If they don't accept your offer then walk. This CEO did that when him and the IS department Director happen to be in the market for new cars. He wrote a price on a card for both cars and the dealer told him no. They left and after getting down the block were called back in to finalize the deal. I have heard of 3 other people trying that since and it has worked for them. One couple I know ended up getting a call 2 days later saying that the dealer was willing to accept the offer. Not that it will always work for you but it could. remember you are buying and that makes you a living breathing potential sale. Some times a dealer just has to move cars to meet quotas. Then again I guess that would work specifically when you are in the market for a new car. Still, you just don't know what they have into the car that you want.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
For comparison purposes heres Boston's Craigslist for Acura RSX S's
boston cars & trucks - all classifieds "Acura RSX S" - craigslist

See what the dealer wants to offer then compare with what the car is going for privately, may be worth it maybe not but an RSX S is a car many driving enthusiasts really like,i doubt it would take long to sell in the private market..
Honda CRV? let me guess= Baby on the way?

Old 10-28-2011, 05:50 AM

Wow jambo nice list. I cant believe some of those acuras are selling for over 10k.

No baby on the way but I live in a wintery state and I also need a bit more space than the acura has for my job now. Also my car is starting to have a lot of mechanical problems and the repair costs have been eating away at my bank account.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:10 AM

so i traded my acura in. They gave me 6300 which was more than i expected. I checked car max, they offered me 5500.

I traded it in for a 2011 corolla S

Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,420,153 times
good job but realize they only gave you good deal on your trade since the probably didnt move off the new corolla price. They have to make there money somewhere.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novadhd5150 View Post
good job but realize they only gave you good deal on your trade since the probably didnt move off the new corolla price. They have to make there money somewhere.
Oh they did move off the sticker price by 800 dollars. Well when i say they, i mean my real life friend who works for toyota. I also lied to him and told me the enfield dealer said they would sell me a corolla for such and such price.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 PM

4,187 posts, read 11,928,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Oh they did move off the sticker price by 800 dollars. Well when i say they, i mean my real life friend who works for toyota. I also lied to him and told me the enfield dealer said they would sell me a corolla for such and such price.
Congrats on the new car.

For future reference, negotiate price based on dollars below or above invoice pricing. Don't look at what's off MSRP (sticker). For the Corolla S, you should be paying below invoice because there are incentives. All in all, it's probably a washed since they gave you more for your trade in. Also don't ever believe for a second that you got one over on a dealer. They don't take losses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive