Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times

Advertisements

So many

Acura MDX, ZDX
Audi Q7
BMW X1, X6
Cadillac CTS Wagon and Coupe, Escalade
Chevrolet Aveo, Avalanche, HHR, Traverse
Dodge Nitro, Ram
Ford F-350/450
Lincoln - all of them
Mini Clubman
Nissan Cube, Versa, Leaf
Porsche Panamera
Scion xB
Toyota Avalon, Corolla, Prius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,847,289 times
Dodge Caliber
Fiat 500

-Cheers.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:03 PM

49 posts, read 54,867 times
YES, I think all 3 pics AND the Prius are oooooggllly. lol.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:19 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Pretty much any new Acura is awful. It's like the designers got wasted and designed their cars in the image of half transformed autobots. Not surprising, most Hondas are pretty ugly, too... The Accord is bad, as well.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:57 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,774,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony45 View Post
Nominate the ugliest car in your opinion.

For me, it's that hideous Honda car/suv crossover thing. "Crosstour"

Yuck.
Pretty much every new car is ugly today, with these few exceptions:

- Full-size pickup trucks & vans (they have to retain a certain look in order to be as functional as their intended purchasing clientele expects)
- Throwback muscle cars (Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro)

The ugliest of the ugly new cars, in my opinion:

1. Nissan Juke
2. Smart car (all models)
3. Toyota Prius
4. Acura ZDX
5. Fiat 500

Old 12-15-2011, 03:29 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Pretty much every new car is ugly today, with these few exceptions:

- Full-size pickup trucks & vans (they have to retain a certain look in order to be as functional as their intended purchasing clientele expects)
- Throwback muscle cars (Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang, Chevy Camaro)
This is a matter of opinion. I personally think the throwback cars are ugly and I generally hate them. If I wanted a car that looks like a 68 camaro, I would buy a 68 camaro. I have a buddy that had one up until a few years ago. That is just my opinion though.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:49 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
So many

Acura MDX, ZDX
Audi Q7
BMW X1, X6
Cadillac CTS Wagon and Coupe, Escalade
Chevrolet Aveo, Avalanche, HHR, Traverse
Dodge Nitro, Ram
Ford F-350/450
Lincoln - all of them
Mini Clubman
Nissan Cube, Versa, Leaf
Porsche Panamera
Scion xB
Toyota Avalon, Corolla, Prius

really???

i think those vehicles look nice.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,774,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
This is a matter of opinion. I personally think the throwback cars are ugly and I generally hate them. If I wanted a car that looks like a 68 camaro, I would buy a 68 camaro. I have a buddy that had one up until a few years ago. That is just my opinion though.
I never said the new "throwback" muscle cars look anywhere near as good as the old ones. I just said they're not ugly. I would take an old one over the new version, any day of the week.

Old 12-16-2011, 01:14 PM

1,459 posts, read 3,297,481 times
Quote:
I never said the new "throwback" muscle cars look anywhere near as good as the old ones. I just said they're not ugly. I would take an old one over the new version, any day of the week.

speaking of which....we have seen Challengers, Camaros, Mustangs.....

will there be a throwback of my all time fav car? a 69 Chevelle?

Old 12-16-2011, 04:01 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times
Quote:
Only for investmewnt reasons. I owned many old musclecars. My '06 Mustang GT is a better car than any of them, as fast, handles better, rides better WHILE handling better, has as much tunability, and has better build quaility, reliability, will go many more miles without a rebuild, gets as good or better fuel mileage, stops better, is safer, and looks as good as the 1970 Mustang Fastbacks (including BOSS 302) I owned. And the new Mustangs are even better.

Simply put, the new ones are better at all aspects of being cars, and pretty much at all aspects of being MUSLCE cars, than the old ones were. The only advantage old ones have is in investment potential.

And this comes from someone who LIKES old cars, has owned many over the last 30 years, and has restored and modified many classic musclecars for street and race use. The new ones are just better. And I think the new ones look as good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive