Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,935,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
Chicago Craigslist... 2007 Azera... 60K miles, listed for $13K.

There's about seven others listed for sale in the region, at various price points... so they're out there.

Interesting! I never would have thought of that car. And Hyundai's have good reputation for reliability, too.

So it's fast?
my dad has an Azera, and as long as you're not out to toss the car around windy roads, I agree 100% with NJexpat's suggestion (though I think it looks more Lexus than Mercedes-Benz)

as far as "fast", it's definitely got a deep reserve of passing power for everyday driving, but again, it's definitely not a canyon-carver. Also, the manumatic shifter feature is almost uselessly slow to respond, if that means anything to you. Sure, you can use it to hold lower gears if needed, but the engine's got pretty abundant torque for normal driving, that I don't think the average driver would really use it very much at all.

my favorite things about the car: first, definitely the seats. Probably the most comfortable road trip seats I've spent any significant amount of time in. Second, very good build quality. The car feels like it was built to last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 01:27 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,725,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJexpat View Post
I have the perfect answer to your question, but I already know that you are going to laugh and say that I am crazy ............ because you don't know what you think you know.

You have to look at the Hyundi Azera. Remember ......... the Azera. That's not one of those little econo-boxes that you are thinking of right now.

Most of the people reading this have never even seen an Azera, for two main reasons:
1. Hyundai has never advertised this car. I don't know why, but they just don't. That's why you have never heard about it.

2. They only sell between 4,000 and 5,000 of them a year in the US. That's a very small number for a car model. And, that's why you have never seen one on the road.

I have one, and I really like it. It's about the size of a Buick, but it handles a lot better, and it's a lot faster than you are thinking right now. Do yourself a favor and go to a Hyundai dealer and look at one. When you ask the salesman for an Azera, he will give you a blank look for a few seconds, and then he will say something like: "Oh, yeah - we got one of them in the back lot".

When you drive it, you won't believe that you are really driving a Hyundai.

People keep mistaking my Azera for a Mercedes Benz.
I checked out the Equus, it is the car above the Azera in Hyundai's lineup. It was awesome. The rear passenger seat was heated, reclining and massaging!

Old 12-03-2011, 05:08 AM

17,574 posts, read 46,004,591 times
The Mustang is a big car?

And to the person that said a 392 Challenger. Unless it had 200K miles or major damage you aren't going to be picking one up for 15K anytime in the near future.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:46 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,372,581 times
For a new can, I guess it would be an Escalade.The choices have narrowed.

Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 AM

234 posts, read 936,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer22 View Post
Chicago Craigslist... 2007 Azera... 60K miles, listed for $13K.

There's about seven others listed for sale in the region, at various price points... so they're out there.

Interesting! I never would have thought of that car. And Hyundai's have good reputation for reliability, too.

So it's fast?
Absolutely!

Now, please remember that this ain't no 'Vette. But, it's very quick off of the line for a family sedan. Also, a few months back, I was waiting to pass a slow car on a one-lane country road. When I finally got my chance to pass safely, I floored it and it went from 45 to 95 almost instantly.

It's really a great car.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:46 AM

1,780 posts, read 4,005,527 times
If you are looking at Buicks, consider the Lucerne, not the Lacrosse. The Lucerne replaced the LeSabre in Buick's lineup, and is a good big car.

I like the design of the Azera as well. Similar to the contemporary Sonata, but a bit bigger. I think one reason Hyundai don't advertise it is, they sell the Genesis now in the mid-size luxury range, that's similar to the Azera in size, and don't want to cannibalize sales. I don't even know if the Azera is sold anymore.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:11 PM

801 posts, read 2,557,002 times
The Mustang is pretty big, all things considered. Well, at least it has big power.

This Azera is sounding good. And thanks for the idea about the Lucerne. I'm noticing its built on the Bonneville platform, so yeah, that is about the right size for me. Good looking car. It's a Buick, but it doesn't look stodgy.

The Lucerne's from 2007-2008 seem to fit my price range pretty well.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:14 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,935,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
I like the design of the Azera as well. Similar to the contemporary Sonata, but a bit bigger. I think one reason Hyundai don't advertise it is, they sell the Genesis now in the mid-size luxury range, that's similar to the Azera in size, and don't want to cannibalize sales. I don't even know if the Azera is sold anymore.
as a matter of fact, Hyundai is redesigning the Azera for 2012 to look even more like a bigger Sonata:

Azera 2012 gallery (http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/future-cars/2012/azera/photo-gallery.aspx - broken link)

decidedly sleeker and more stylish inside and out than the more elegant Genesis, leading me to assume that they've sharpened up the car's driving dynamics as well.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:21 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,128,951 times
I love that new Jeep Grand Cherokee. You forget you're driving a Jeep!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:04 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,613,905 times
"This time I'm looking for a car that I'm going to want to keep forever. Haha... or at least it'll hopefully last eight or ten years. "

Your SUV list is short two major players in that market......The Chevy/GMC Suburban. Both are very refined "station wagons" that will last for at least 30 years with care.

So to chose your Suburban know that any year from 1993 to 2012 will get you a super nice ride (in 4x4 even!) while lasting a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive