Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2011, 11:42 AM

220 posts, read 376,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Are you asserting police officers do not lie?
Nope.

I'm asserting that Soviet is an immature, irresponsible kid who thinks he should be able to drive however he wants - regardless of posted traffic laws - then bi**ches and moans, and calls police officers "revenue generators" when he gets in trouble for his stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBanson View Post
Nope.

I'm asserting that Soviet is an immature, irresponsible kid who thinks he should be able to drive however he wants - regardless of posted traffic laws - then bi**ches and moans, and calls police officers "revenue generators" when he gets in trouble for his stupidity.
Traffic enforcement IS revenue generation...therefore those involved in it are revenue officers.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Traffic enforcement IS revenue generation...therefore those involved in it are revenue officers.
Obfuscation noted.

Point blank truth: Don't break the law and you won't get pulled over by police officers.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:53 AM

The topic is police lying,which has been shown to be a fact.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
The topic is police lying,which has been shown to be a fact.
Sorry, that's far too general, and is also misleading.

Do police lie? I'm sure a few do.

Do all police lie? No.

Does Soviet claim the police are lying every time he gets into trouble with the law? Yes, he does.

The point is this: A person has to have credibility in order to make a valid point that will be taken seriously. Soviet has none.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:02 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
The police don't set the speed limits, the city/county/state does, and often in the smaller jurisdictions, it is inded set with the intent of trapping peopel with an artificially low speed limit (and one that is usually not well marked). That's how we got the term "speed trap? and towns like New Rome, Ohio that made serious bank off of said speed traps.

Traffic Trap Central

Top Ten Tales of Woe

Speed limits haven't been set by proper engineering principles for decades, ever since the national 55 mph speed limit was set.

I've had my own run-ins with police that are mistaken and try to lie to cover it up, and have even had a judge dress down an officer in court for lying. It happens a lot more often than people think, regardless of what you think of the OP.
I'll concede the trap part, they certainly exist. However, though I didn't specifically state it, my macro point was that there is redress against police abuses. Even New Rome eventually paid the price and had the entire town dissolved by the State of Ohio for their antics.

The one time I had an officer lie about something I presented my case in court and the judge dismissed it, the kind of rampant corruption like existed in New Rome is far from the norm. Maybe its my biased view of spending most of my life in NJ where our cops tend to have more to do with their free time.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:08 PM

Police ARE humans.
Humans lie with monotonous regularity.

To think to 'win' a police officer would not lie is a little...naive.
There is the problem that it is his word against your in most cases,and somehow his word is worth more in court.

Good thing generating revenue isn't involved....

Old 12-27-2011, 12:09 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Sorry, that's far too general, and is also misleading.

Do police lie? I'm sure a few do.

Do all police lie? No.

Does Soviet claim the police are lying every time he gets into trouble with the law? Yes, he does.

The point is this: A person has to have credibility in order to make a valid point that will be taken seriously. Soviet has none.
Nor do you.

Nether Oz nor I have said "all cops lie"

You ADMIT we are correct, and then continue to argue.

Have fun with that!

Old 12-27-2011, 12:10 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,125,362 times
Quote:
Yawn...

Please read first, think second, and comment third.
That's the best you've got??!?

Please take your own advice.

Goodby.

Old 12-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Cops view dark tint as a threat to their lives. I can't say I blame them...walking up on a car that you can see what the occupants are doing is dangerous enough. Tough tint laws are usually a respnse to cops being shot on traffic stops.

Find another way to act all cool.
Uh huh....

This is a nice excuse for revenue generation....because non-thinkers will of course bleat and agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive