Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 07:40 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,601,342 times

Advertisements

Just finished watched an episode Mopar Muscle. I've been into drag racing since the mid sixties and have always been a Mopar guy when it comes to racing. I think I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to N.H.R.A drag racing and thought I heard all the stories about the cheating that went on during the late 60's early 70's in the Pro Stock class. One of the commentators in this episode made a comment about a memo sent out by Chrysler to the guys running the 71 Challenger (i.e. Sox & Martin) to never park their Pro Stock Challenger next to a stock one when in the pits. Now I'm sure Chrysler was supplying "SPECIAL BODIES" to the guys running Pro Stock, but I can't find out what the difference is. The commentator says it would be obvious to the eye. Has anyone heard this story and if so knows the answer?

Last edited by exhdo1; 01-04-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,274,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Just finished watched an episode Mopar Muscle. I've been into drag racing since the mid sixties and have always been a Mopar guy when it comes to racing. I think I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to N.H.R.A drag racing and thought I heard all the stories about the cheating that went on during the late 60's early 70's in the Pro Stock class. One of the commentators in this episode made a comment about a memo sent out by Chrysler to the guys running the 71 Challenger (i.e. Sox & Martin) to never park their Pro Stock Challenger next to a stock one when in the pits. Now I'm sure Chrysler was supplying "SPECIAL BODIES" to the guys running Pro Stock, but I can't find out what the difference is. The commentator says it would be obvious to the eye. Has anyone heard this story and if so knows the answer?

There were several differences, body width, windshield slope, lower front nose height, are just 3 of the things i know.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,601,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
There were several differences, body width, windshield slope, lower front nose height, are just 3 of the things i know.
I'm kinda thinking the same. I wonder if they rolled the side panel a bit as well. I would like to get the actual specs. from the Chrysler archives. I guess the old saying "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'" holds true for all motorsports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive