Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyall2know View Post
Car salesman simply trying to make a liveing wont make it to heaven...
Thou shall not lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 AM

406 posts, read 1,431,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Thou shall not lie.
First of all I have read the entire Bible and Know that the ONLY sin that will not be forgiven is to deny the holy spirt, as seen in this verse:

Matthew 12:31-32 Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. (NKJV)

Secondly, Who said anything about lying? That was your assumption. I am a Auto Sales CONSULTANT meaning all I do is meet the customer, get to know him/her, their needs and wants, explain the features and benefits of those features, let the customer test drive and see if they like it, ask if they will buy, come to an AGREED upon price, sell the car... Nowhere in here do I ever lie to the customer. I build repport, qualify the buyer, attempt a trial close to see if the customer is seriouse about buying, and come to some agreement. It is only becouse of your bad impression of car salesman and your assumptions that you have this stero-typed false image of me and every other car salesman.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
Quote:
First of all I have read the entire Bible and Know that the ONLY sin that will not be forgiven is to deny the holy spirt, as seen in this verse:

Matthew 12:31-32 Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. (NKJV)

Secondly, Who said anything about lying? That was your assumption. I am a Auto Sales CONSULTANT meaning all I do is meet the customer, get to know him/her, their needs and wants, explain the features and benefits of those features, let the customer test drive and see if they like it, ask if they will buy, come to an AGREED upon price, sell the car... Nowhere in here do I ever lie to the customer. I build repport, qualify the buyer, attempt a trial close to see if the customer is seriouse about buying, and come to some agreement. It is only becouse of your bad impression of car salesman and your assumptions that you have this stero-typed false image of me and every other car salesman.
I think the main issue that most people have with car salesmen is the fact that whenever someone has to buy a car, they know they are in for a battle to get the price they want. I don't think it ever happens that someone walks into a dealership for a new car and the first price that's offered to them is what they were looking to pay. If that actually does happen, one of 2 things is wrong. 1) the customer didn't do enough research on the price of the car and is expecting too much or 2) the dealer/salesman is making a killing off of shilling a witless customer.

I don't hold any ill will to car salesmen, its the owners of the dealerships that irk me. I know that your hands are tied and you are just trying to make a living. It's the owners that are trying to make as much as inhumanly possible on these car sales and treat their workforce basically like slave labor in an attempt to sell cars for much more than they are worth.

The car buying experience, while it's supposed to be a happy and exciting time, is most of the time degraded to a heart-breaking, frustrating experience due to the hard-lined approach taken by owners and thus passed down to their salespeople.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:16 PM

118 posts, read 210,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonenine View Post
Sorry sales people, but I'm just looking. I find car lots, dealerships and automalls to be like huge car shows. When I say I'm just looking...I mean I'm just looking. I guess I could waste your time if you want because I'm not there to buy...just walk around aimlessly and admire the pretty cars. What can I say...I'm a car guy and I like looking at cars.

The best sales people and the ones I'm most likely to look up when I am buying or mention to friends are the ones that give me their business card, ask me to find them if I have any questions, then leave me to looking by myself.

Also....if the cars are locked...I'm gonna walk.

Hope it works out for you!
After 15 seconds of the meet and greet, you should be aware that this type of client is not ready and just looking. Feel out the customer then give him your business card and space. Keep an eye on them from a distance and check up on them before they leave. You're not wasting too much time or energy. The one you should be concern with are the clients who want to test drive more than 2 cars and are not in the market for months. Ask them what brings them in today or what interest you most about _____ today. "I'm just looking". Great, what model are you looking at today, "I'm just looking". Well here's my card, take a look around and let us know if you want to look inside any of the cars. Enjoy your car shopping.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
Quote:

So ...it's safe to assume you don't lie anymore. Good for you... you're just one but, it's a start.

I had a comment about a car salesman quoting the Bible but, I can't remember what it was now.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I think the main issue that most people have with car salesmen is the fact that whenever someone has to buy a car, they know they are in for a battle to get the price they want. I don't think it ever happens that someone walks into a dealership for a new car and the first price that's offered to them is what they were looking to pay. If that actually does happen, one of 2 things is wrong. 1) the customer didn't do enough research on the price of the car and is expecting too much or 2) the dealer/salesman is making a killing off of shilling a witless customer.

I don't hold any ill will to car salesmen, its the owners of the dealerships that irk me. I know that your hands are tied and you are just trying to make a living. It's the owners that are trying to make as much as inhumanly possible on these car sales and treat their workforce basically like slave labor in an attempt to sell cars for much more than they are worth.

The car buying experience, while it's supposed to be a happy and exciting time, is most of the time degraded to a heart-breaking, frustrating experience due to the hard-lined approach taken by owners and thus passed down to their salespeople.

Well, like you said sometimes it is the customer who is trying or expecting to pay way less for the car then what it is actually worth and the sales man has to keep it up to a certain price so that the company doesnt lose money, and God forbid make a small profit so that the salesman can get a small amount of that.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamb View Post
After 15 seconds of the meet and greet, you should be aware that this type of client is not ready and just looking. Feel out the customer then give him your business card and space. Keep an eye on them from a distance and check up on them before they leave. You're not wasting too much time or energy. The one you should be concern with are the clients who want to test drive more than 2 cars and are not in the market for months. Ask them what brings them in today or what interest you most about _____ today. "I'm just looking". Great, what model are you looking at today, "I'm just looking". Well here's my card, take a look around and let us know if you want to look inside any of the cars. Enjoy your car shopping.
If I was to "feel the customer then give him my business card, and give him his space. Keep an eye on them from a distance and check up on them before they leave" I would be fired before the end of my first week.
If you give him his space and dont get them excited about the car they wont buy on emotion and impulse and you will miss the sale. Or they will look at a few and walk off. Rarely will somebody buy if you just "leave them alone", and if you did that salesman wouldnt make any commission. There is alot wrong with what you suggest.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
So ...it's safe to assume you don't lie anymore. Good for you... you're just one but, it's a start.

I had a comment about a car salesman quoting the Bible but, I can't remember what it was now.
Some corny stero-typical insulting joke? Ok, great! And I dont know what you mean by "lie anymore" becouse I've always have been and always will be an honest person.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:27 PM

Plenty of dealerships as well as salesman have Integrity...

Old 01-27-2012, 04:20 PM

118 posts, read 210,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
Don't go back and forth with the sales manager with numbers. It's like talking to the whizard behind the curtain. Let me talk to the guy that has final say and stop dicking with me. That is what pisses me off about the car buying process. This is why I love leasing. I'm shoping on a monthly payment with $0 down. I email my requirements to dealers within 100 miles and see who gives me the best deal.

Also, throw me the keys to a demo car and let me take it out by myself for a while. That always ends up going well.
If you don't like going back and forth then just pay MSRP like you do at the gas station, grocery stores , the mall, etc. Regardless of a lease or purchase, it all comes down to price, which determine payments. Cars have less profit margin (percent wise) than furnitures or most other goods. You should be more concern with Finance and Service department. This is where most dealer profits are made. No matter what business establishment you go to, it's all about profit. Soon , all the dealership will have one fix price like Car Max. Every one gets fair deal but no one get great deals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive