Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:47 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
To the ones who feel the need to be smart-asses...If someones choices affect other people..they shouldn't be freedoms. Yours end where anothers begin and noise pollution is a very REAL problem for a lot of people who can't just up and afford to move to the country.
And you know who YOU are.
Quote:
I have a form of PTSD and these vehicles cause a fight or flight visceral response every time.
This must be the fighting part you mentioned.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,210,579 times
Quote:
To the nice responders thank you..you know who you are.

To the ones who feel the need to be smart-asses...If someones choices affect other people..they shouldn't be freedoms. Yours end where anothers begin and noise pollution is a very REAL problem for a lot of people who can't just up and afford to move to the country.

But it's OK if your choices and restrictions have an effect on the rest of us as long as YOU are not bothered.

Got it.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:52 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
To the nice responders thank you..you know who you are.

Nice. You do have the right to be offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Have you thought that YOUR choices affect OTHERS each day?!? Good God. You want to RESTRICT FREEDOMS because YOU don't like it?!?

I'm taking cover for this one. Let the sh*t fly!
Safe money is nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
But it's OK if your choices and restrictions have an effect on the rest of us as long as YOU are not bothered.

Got it.
Yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
OP be trollin.
Why isn't he complaining about Harley's, honda's with fart can mufflers or loud music?

Gee, why would I have a diesel pickup? Hmmmm perhaps to haul equipment and materials, I have work to do. Why the loud pipes? Well, to let the engine breathe easier. I have an old Ford witha 302 and glass packs that love to rumble. I have Lincoln with a V8 that loves to rumble. why not the rant there.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:27 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,649,357 times
Quote:
So what you're saying is that it's ok not to display common courtesy to all citizens then ? The rest of us that despise your excess noise just have to put up with it ? Sorry...but we ALL have to live together. I don't put my noise onto other people and tell them they just have to "deal with it".
Get over yourself...

Apparen;ty we can't all live together. Seems we can only live together if we follow what pleases you.

Bull****... get over it.

and I don't even like big trucks.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
There's always the minority rules.

File a complaint, build a case with the ACLU, start a court case, get an entire industry shut down and regulated just to suit your desires.

Happens all the time.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:55 AM

874 posts, read 2,875,416 times
I happen to drive a 2001 Excursion with a 7.3 liter turbo diesel. I also own a 24 foot equipment trailer on which I tow vehicles often. My reasons for owning a diesel truck?

The other engine options in my particular truck would be either a 5.4 liter V8 or a 6.8 liter V10. The 5.4 liter would be under powered for my towing/hauling needs and the V10 gets approximately 8 miles to a gallon of gasoline without towing anything. I can get fuel mileage as good as 24 miles per gallon with my diesel without towing anything and have done as well as 18 miles per gallon while towing 8,000 pounds. The worst fuel mileage I have had while towing has been 12 miles per gallon which is still better than the V10 without towing a load. A diesel engine also allows for a higher towing capacity than a gasoline powered engine and it pulls a heavy load at much lower RPM than a gasoline powered engine.

Another plus with a diesel engine is longevity. A well maintained diesel engine can go as far as 300,000 to 500,000 miles without needing an overhaul. The life span of a gasoline powered engine is far less; especially for an engine that is constantly subjected to heavy hauling and towing.

The vast majority of diesel truck owners drive a truck with the diesel option due to necessity. The diesel option of a truck raises the price of the truck considerably so the number of people that buy them just so they can say they own a diesel truck is extremely low.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,360 times
Again, thanks for the informative replies.

And again, my choices don't generally affect other people because I don't drive an extremely loud vehicle. I know the world is overpopulated, people are stressed already. Some of you seem to be ignoring the points I was trying to make about noise pollution. You should watch the movie "Noise" to see how noise affects people in the negative.

I try to leave a small "noise" footprint.

I could understand using a diesel truck if it's your source of income...my problem is with people who drive them just BECAUSE they want to attention-*****.

And no. I don't like motorcycles and cars w/loud mufflers either. As for music, I can handle it from normal old-school stereos (as long as it isn't C&W lol), but never those boom-boom high bass things that rattle the pictures on your wall when they drive past.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,992 times
Would you be able to clarify huge?

Ford F-350 dually huge or Ford F-650 huge?

I personally love the sound of a diesel engine whether that be in a car, a pickup or a semi.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,360 times
I don't know. I'm a woman so I'm not really into cars...just BIG lol

Old 01-26-2012, 10:00 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,649,357 times
Quote:
Again, thanks for the informative replies.

And again, my choices don't generally affect other people because I don't drive an extremely loud vehicle. I know the world is overpopulated, people are stressed already. Some of you seem to be ignoring the points I was trying to make about noise pollution. You should watch the movie "Noise" to see how noise affects people in the negative.

I try to leave a small "noise" footprint.

I could understand using a diesel truck if it's your source of income...my problem is with people who drive them just BECAUSE they want to attention-*****.

And no. I don't like motorcycles and cars w/loud mufflers either. As for music, I can handle it from normal old-school stereos (as long as it isn't C&W lol), but never those boom-boom high bass things that rattle the pictures on your wall when they drive past.

Actually, you choose to let it affect you. You choose to have nothing else to worry about in your life.

Then you complain, and start affecting hundreds of other people.

I hear planes fly overhead, there are trains not that far from me, and I hear turbo diesels pretty often. Negative feeling? For my personality I love it. I love thinking how they work, and realizing what they do for our economy. They put a smile on my face.

While people like you wanting to shut down other people rights offend me. Since it offends me, and my liberties, can we just ban you?

Doubt you will agree because in your world you are right, everyone else is wrong, and for all of us to live together better and civil, we just need to do what you want.

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive