Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
Well, at least I don't have hemorrhoids.

Thank you for sharing that with us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 07:42 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,169,496 times
You seam to have a fascination with me so i thought I'd share.
It was sarcasm and in that light, I think I was calling someone a hemorrhoid as he chimes in right behind you with yet another very helpful and on topic post.

But what do I know?

There is a writing forum at the bottom of the forum for guys like you.
Give it a try.

I get tired of reading posts that do nothing but point out someones grammatical mistakes someone makes.
It does nothing to further the topic and it distracts from the topic being discussed.
All is is is someone stroking their own ego.
Jmo

Last edited by snofarmer; 01-28-2012 at 07:51 AM..

Old 01-28-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
You seam to have a fascination with me

What do my seams have to do with anything?
Is this the clothing forum or the automotive forum?

Old 01-28-2012, 07:50 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
My question why get the high end engine when it seems like it is not put any good use?
...like a 100' drag race with a wannabe car in a busy city block? I didn't even do that when I was a kid.

Guys and gals with real cars, and common sense, know what the car can do.... and importantly, where they can do it.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:56 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

In my area, I have noticed that the Bentley Continentals, the Ferraris, the Lamborghinis, the Rolls-Royces, and the Aston-Martins are usually driven very conservatively.
Whether this is solely because of their poor fuel economy, or whether the incredibly high insurance rates are also a factor, I don't know--but the reality is that the very affluent folks in my area do drive these expensive machines in a very conservative manner.
As an affluent someone who buys and drives cars with big engines and crazy pick-up, let me tell you why I generally drive 'conservatively.' Because it is the proper way to drive.

What kind of stupid, immature tool accelerates like a bat out of hell at every light? It's not safe, it's not good for the car, it's not good for fuel economy, but most of all...we have nothing to prove to you. We are going to drive in a comfortable manner...and trust me, when the time comes (usually when I'm merging onto the two freeways I take to work), we will have a total BLAST with the insane pick-up we get from these cars.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:03 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,169,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
What do my seams have to do with anything?
Is this the clothing forum or the automotive forum?

My bad.
I stand corrected.
You never make mistakes.

See you learned something, I'm not perfect and I do make mistakes.
So whats your point.

Just putting along,
In my high hp rig.

The I4 crowd "seams" to have something to prove.
The old Bull doesn't. it all ready knows.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:12 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I can understand why most folks have matured beyond jack rabbit stops and starts but I guess I might find it curious (to irritating) would be when you are behind a powerful car that is entering a freeway at a speed well below the flow of traffic forcing you to drive aggressively just to safely get up to speed around it so folks don't have to brake as you enter the lane.

Or when you are beholden behind a powerful car waiting to get into traffic from a side street or lot that is busy enough that you have to actually use some power to cross into the traffic safely, and they act as if they have a 1980 Mercedes 140D, waiting until there is no traffic for 500+ yards before attempting it, and that may very well be a very long wait until that situation arises.

That stuff points to the driver's driving ability more than the vehicle they are driving.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,883,192 times
I-4's need to rev higher to keep up at higher speeds in certain situations and work harder whereas the bigger capacity engines have the power readily available w.o revving it making it work a lot less.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
I know a lady who bought a newer Mustang GT and she never drives it over 55mph. I've gotten behind her several times on the highway and have had to pass her in my minivan.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I stand corrected.
You never make mistakes.

Well, I am glad that you acknowledged that reality!
As I like to say...I once thought that I made a mistake, but I was wrong...

In all seriousness, however, I hope you realize that I am just jesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive