Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 05:30 AM

3 posts, read 26,977 times

Advertisements

Is anyone a dealer, and has been to Manheim?? I want to know how the prices are different there on used cars, than like lets say ebay? Looking for used car prices.. around 3000-6000? Please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 05:46 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,344 times
You're talking about the Manheim Auctions in NJ right? I'm not a dealer but do know one guy that works with them and he is an excellent and straight forward character. Not sure who you would deal with, but see if you can get ahold of James.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,626,395 times
Did they move the auction? Last time I went to the Manheim Auction, it was in Manheim Pa.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times
Check out the different Manheim locations (who knew)?
Manheim - North American Locations

and some locations have public auctions.. of course the cars are crappy for those

but yes, the original Manheim is in PA

Last edited by minibrings; 01-31-2012 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-31-2012, 09:47 AM

I am a dealer, but just getting my license now.. Have never been to a manheim auction, and just wanted to know how the prices where over there for used cars from someone who has been there recently... Oh yea there are manheim auctions in every major city in the US.. Even some small cities have them...

Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Check out the different Manheim locations (who knew)?
Manheim - North American Locations

and some locations have public auctions.. of course the cars are crappy for those

but yes, the original Manheim is in PA
Who knew? I stand corrected. I always thought the one in Pa. was it.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:23 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,016,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Who knew? I stand corrected. I always thought the one in Pa. was it.
Me to! I was also surprised they have public auctions!

Old 01-31-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Me to! I was also surprised they have public auctions!
Like you said in an earlier post, I'm sure the cars that make it to public auction are the scraps. One of my best friends owns a number of Ford dealerships. When my first kid was getting her license he had one of his buyers take me to the Manheim auction to look at some cars for her. I remember him telling me how bad the auction market hat got, due to everybody and his brother getting their dealers license. He told me at one time it was just legitimate dealers, then all these so called dealers started to bring friends, family and potential customers into the auction (under the guise as drivers) and bid the cars up to ridiculous prices. It didn't matter to them because they would charge their customer a couple of hundred bucks to bring them to the auction and even if the customer paid a thousand more than a dealer would normally pay, he still got a good deal.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Like you said in an earlier post, I'm sure the cars that make it to public auction are the scraps. One of my best friends owns a number of Ford dealerships. When my first kid was getting her license he had one of his buyers take me to the Manheim auction to look at some cars for her. I remember him telling me how bad the auction market hat got, due to everybody and his brother getting their dealers license. He told me at one time it was just legitimate dealers, then all these so called dealers started to bring friends, family and potential customers into the auction (under the guise as drivers) and bid the cars up to ridiculous prices. It didn't matter to them because they would charge their customer a couple of hundred bucks to bring them to the auction and even if the customer paid a thousand more than a dealer would normally pay, he still got a good deal.
That sounds Insane... So they basically turned manheim into a public auction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive