Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 07:26 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,823,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Marketed toward bad credit?? Wtf
And doesn't Hyundai own Kia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 05:35 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
My 2000 Hyundai Accent has 132,986 miles on it to date. I need to replace the catalytic converter and will be doing that next week. The 2000 year cars were the first offered with the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty. Accept for the cat I have had no other problems with the car other than normal maintenance work. As far as problems to date, the fuse compartment cover located near the brake pedel at the floor had a latch that broke off a few years ago. The lid finally came off a couple months ago. Another cover plate that is in the center between the two front seats keeps coming off and I finally noticed that the opening has a small crack in it. It is all cover material and doesn't affect the car in any way. The biggest issue, other than the cat, is the passenger side hinge on the hood is broken and needs to be replaced. You can still close the hood so I haven't replaced it yet.

That is just one example of the brand though. Still in my area I see plenty of these cars still on the road.
Just an update on my former car. I ended up getting rid of my Hyundai accent. I think it had 152,000 miles on it. I would have kept it longer. Finally had a problem that I could not take care of. The shifter assembly broke inside the transmission. I would have had to pull the engine and transmission to repair the car. Turns out though that by 2014 Hyundai had stopped making the part I needed. I did not want to put any money into a car that had given me what was promised. Total cost to operate the car over the 14 years that I owned it, including purchase price came out to something like $0.15 a mile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive