Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,213,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Can't say I even care... though try that at 2:00 AM outside my front door and it's gonna be a different story.
Do you have a gas pump outside your front door?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,670,625 times
doesn't bother me too much, what bothers me is when the person in front of me seems to take forever to fill up, or has something else going in addition to filling up so that it seems to take forever

Old 03-08-2012, 07:21 AM

3,516 posts, read 7,778,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
doesn't bother me too much, what bothers me is when the person in front of me seems to take forever to fill up, or has something else going in addition to filling up so that it seems to take forever
My favorite is when they go into the store while they are filling up, usually the car is down filling long before they return.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,582,056 times
Loud music doesn't bother me so much at the gas station. It's the vulgar music that degrades women, uses the F-Bomb, etc.

I don't want my children hearing that. I know it's 2012 but that's no excuse for the lack of respect it shows toward others.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Please notice me folks, that's their attitudes.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:16 AM

24 posts, read 45,898 times
there is a certain group of people in this society that wake up and the first thing on their minds is attention...these people are not known but they are famous in the general sense of the word...if they are walking and you are driving up from behind they have to look back...they have to...these people will be identifiable in twenty years by their neck braces...unwarranted paranoia comes to mind...

Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
This thrad keeps reminding me of the guy we saw at a gas station. A neon colored WRX pulled in. It had this huge bank of spoilers on the trunk deck that looked like one of those old fashioned mail slot dividers that they put in the tops of roll top desks. It ahd another scoop or spoiler contraption on the roof (did nto connect to anyhting, just thre for looks). It has a huge hood scoop like you would use for a blower, but no blower. It had a far bubbler muffler and the stereo sounded like an artillery barrage. My son and I cracked up when we saw it and expected a 16 y.o. kid to get out. The guy who got out was in his late 30s and wearing a suit. That made us really laugh. (Pimp? Pusher? banger that forgot to grow up?). I wonder if he had low hanging pants undereath his suit coat.

He left the door open with the music blasting so loud that we could nto ehar each other laughing. You could nto understand any of the music becuase it was so loud and distorted. It must have been deafening inside that thing.

Would a girl really get into a supid looking car like that with music making her ears bleed? What is he trying to accomplish? Certinaly not looking cool, just stupid.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Retarded? Seriously? Yer a jerk. Learn some manners. Every mentally disabled person in the world hates your guts.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:06 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I usually just take my 45 and blow out the system with it. Always say, "Excuse me" as I walk past the driver before shooting. It is the polite thing to do.

No, I have never done that, but I have thought of it. Well mostly when the bass is playing so loud my car starts shaking. LOL.

I just turn up my talk radio and compete with them. LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 06:18 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,757,421 times
Usually its some kid with an awful sounding system where the speakers are bottoming out, the amps are clipping and all sorts of odds and ends are rattling.

I'd feel much better if it was a well sorted system in a properly prepared car so thta the bass is nice and clean and the highs and mids crisp and clean. That would make me happy - but it rarely ever happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive