Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,690,657 times

Advertisements

It just seems to figure lately that if there is a way for something I'm doing to mess up........it does.

As posted earlier I am replacing my alloy wheels on my '93 Suburban to refresh to looks and get some more miles outta the ol'girl since the original wheels are just so corroded from the salt.

Well I order them from our local farm bureau since I could get a really good price as a member. When I went to pick up the 'Burb I was really pleased at the newer look of the ol'girl . Really made the 'burb snap!! Made the wife (her truck) smile from ear to ear!

Then I did a walk around and about fell over! There were three of the wheels that I ordered with one wheel that totally the wrong wheel!!

How the hell do you put on four wheels and not notice one of them isn't like the other three ??? Then I notice that none of them have the chrome metal valve stems I ordered! WTF is wrong with these people??

I call the shop foremen out to ask WTF happened! He says he didn't see anything wrong.......at first the I get an OH Sh1t!! He says he'll order the right wheel. Then I tell him where are my Chrome Valve Stems? Another Oh, Sh1t!

I tell him I want my wheels finished by the following wednesday or I won't pay the bill. What really ticks me off is it seems you can't trust anyone anymore to do a decent simple mechanical job.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:23 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,112,402 times
Sad to say, this is not really news, happens all the time.

Although, and I'm a member of a farm co-op too, usually the co-op people take better care of me than this.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:27 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,440,751 times
People make mistakes. Sounds like he's fixing it, what's the big deal?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
No big deal really. Just a funny story (ya gotta laugh or go nuts!) to share.

Never in the 25 + years of working on my vehicles have the boys at the farm bureau messed up like this!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:47 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,440,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
No big deal really. Just a funny story (ya gotta laugh or go nuts!) to share.

Never in the 25 + years of working on my vehicles have the boys at the farm bureau messed up like this!!!
Last time I got tires put on the truck (before I sold her ) the guy put 3 different sizes on it.... I noticed as soon as I saw it because it was leaning to the front left side (that was the smallest and the back right was the largest), I looked at him and I said "either my legs are no longer the same length, or my truck is ****-eyed" - he looks at it, does a double take, looks at it REALLY hard and goes "you know, I think one of my legs went short on me too, must be the weather"

I did end up getting a free oil change from them for that, because of the time it took (I had to wait there cause my buddy dropped me off and rolled before all this happened).

Old 03-16-2012, 08:22 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,239,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Your acceptance is part of the problem. As was said earlier, this is not uncommon. We've let it be acceptable to make mistakes every day, in every aspect of life. In many ways we are forced to take mistakes into account before they even happen.

I've been making companies pay for their mistakes. One mistake now and then is one thing, but as an example I ordered two headlight for my truck. A bunch of lies, a Paypal claim, 70 days and three incorrect shipments later, I finally have two matching headlights. The funny thing is just today they sent me another headlight, a month after the claim was closed. They screwed up repeatedly and paid for it by refunding my money.

On average I eat from a restaurant 4 times a week. At least one of those times the food or service is unacceptable, and I get comped or a free meal because of it. I bought some trash bags a few weeks ago, and all of them have torn at the top. Glad sent me a coupon for new bags.

Here's an example that happened today. Yesterday I bought some reading glasses from Target. I bought 2.0 and didn't realize that more isn't better until I got home and tried to use them. I called the store and a guy there told me he had the 1.75 in his hand and would put them at the service desk so I could pick them up in the (this) morning. I confirmed that they were a 3-pack of 1.75, then thanked him for being so helpful. When I got there this morning they were 2.5, and come to find out they didn't have any 1.75 in the store. I had to drive about ten miles to another Target to get the 1.75. They made me pay for the glasses but gave me $15 in Target credit, because they'd screwed up such a simple thing.

I'm just tired of subpar service and goods, and of paying good money for it. These companies need to understand that they need to get it right, and I'm telling them that with the only voice I have-hitting their bottom line. I'm just not going to tolerate it any more.

I apologize for getting off track, but I think we'd all be better off if we were less accepting of these everyday failures.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post

I'm just tired of subpar service and goods, and of paying good money for it. These companies need to understand that they need to get it right, and I'm telling them that with the only voice I have-hitting their bottom line. I'm just not going to tolerate it any more.

I apologize for getting off track, but I think we'd all be better off if we were less accepting of these everyday failures.
Oh, this little drama is far from over.

I'm just biding my time until the outcome is finished to decide what to do. Being a stock holder in the bureau gives me some leverage but I won't know until the drama is done. There will be more money off the final price however!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:08 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,239,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Oh, this little drama is far from over.

I'm just biding my time until the outcome is finished to decide what to do. Being a stock holder in the bureau gives me some leverage but I won't know until the drama is done. There will be more money off the final price however!!!
Yeah, you don't want to make too many waves until the...whatever...is wrapped up. That just stirs up other problems.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:30 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,806,597 times
I thought that cars were outdated in the OP's mind?

And a 19 year old suburban... Well that is kinda like polishing a turd.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:19 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,627,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I thought that cars were outdated in the OP's mind?

And a 19 year old suburban... Well that is kinda like polishing a turd.
Yup. I had a 1976 and a 1982 Suburban. Good trucks but polishing a turd is appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive