Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You really think a cop should hang out waiting for this guy to come back so he can tell him how to park? I can only hope you are joking.
I didn't say they should "hang out", I said the guy in the Civic should have been paged to the parking lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I didn't say they should "hang out", I said the guy in the Civic should have been paged to the parking lot.
Your idea of what police should be doing and my idea are drastically different.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:03 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
My problem is when someone feels the need to be a complete jack*** and park so I can't get my driver's door open when I'm CLEARLY not bothering anyone else by parking at the end of the lot.
Buy a four door so you don't need so much room to open the damn door.

Or quit whining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
If someone does that to me, I make sure to give them an extra ding on their car. Serves them right for not being able to park a car or being a douche. Usually use a sharp corner on the door that won't hurt my car.
Talk about being a douche ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
What really irritates me about that kind of thing isn't even as much the action, as the thought that the person responsible for the action gets some sort of sick satisfaction out of screwing with random people. There's something wrong with a person who thinks like that.
There's something wrong with a person who thinks his/her car is better than anyone else's, or who thinks his/her car is entitled to space beyond that of its allotted space in the lot.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:19 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Buy a four door so you don't need so much room to open the damn door.

Or quit whining.

Talk about being a douche ...

There's something wrong with a person who thinks his/her car is better than anyone else's, or who thinks his/her car is entitled to space beyond that of its allotted space in the lot.
WHINING?! Because I wasn't able to enter my vehicle on my driver's side because some ***hole had to park within inches of my door when there are PLENTY of other spots in the parking lot and I'm in the WAY back?!? And I do have a 4 door F-150 thank you very much...I park in the back of the lot with THAT as well!

And WHEN did I EVER say my car was entitled a space beyond the allotted space in the lot?! I CLEARLY said I took up ONE parking spot, obviously you haven't learned the fine art of READING.

What exactly is YOUR problem?! Jealousy? Resentment? Or are you just always a bitter person?

Quote:
Speedy, it just comes with the territory when you drive a nice car and take the back of the lot spaces so no one is next to you. What the guy with the Honda did was childish and annoying, but it comes with the territory. The guy was just f'ing with you and while I would be just as pissed off, you need to let it go. You are kind of playing into his hand being this upset over it. To avoid the door block in the future, park next to a median or planter with the driver side door, so while they can park close, they can't block your door. I can't tell you how many times I had someone do this to me when I had my M3.
I did just let it go and drive off, it's not worth my time for these losers. I have better things to do than let some scumbag POS play games with me but I was irate at the time, good thing the guy didn't approach me or I'd probably would've done something irrational.

It's another beautiful and sunny day so I'm not going to let it bother me anymore. I think I'm going to go for a long drive later and relax.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 PM

767 posts, read 2,291,261 times
Quote:
I carry a 9mm Glock in my glovebox whenever I leave the house (concealed carry permit). I was tempted to take it out and shoot his tires out but I KNEW this would've gotten me in more trouble than it's worth. Actually I wanted to empty the entire clip into it but I forced myself to just get in and drive off.
I know how you feel. But don.t waste expensive lead. Keep four cheap ice picks in your dash. One in each tire sidewall should do the trick. No noise and if carefully done will not attract the cops like a 9 mm will. Leave a note on one icepick explaining everything.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:45 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarley View Post
I know how you feel. But don.t waste expensive lead. Keep four cheap ice picks in your dash. One in each tire sidewall should do the trick. No noise and if carefully done will not attract the cops like a 9 mm will. Leave a note on one icepick explaining everything.
Yeah.. and the cops will probably hand you the note back when they arrest you after they view the video of the "destruction of property" from the cameras that are in almost every shopping center parking lot, especially at entrance/exits where all the license plates are easily readable. Brainiacs.. As one previous poster said, all you can do is park far away AND with drivers door facing median, plant potters, roadway or driving aisle etc... GTFOI.. Its metal, not flesh.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM

5,228 posts, read 15,288,738 times
Quote:

There's something wrong with a person who thinks his/her car is better than anyone else's,
Sorry, but if you spent money and or effort on the car and want to keep it nice, then there's something wrong with anyone that thinks damaging it or attempted damage is somehow an acceptable behaviour, like you apparently do. You must like vandalism, too. I mean, why should anyone have and enjoy anything nice that they worked hard for? To you it's worth damaging other people's property, apparently to "put them in their place." Right?

You are the definition of jealousy: "what makes you so special that you deserve something nicer than anyone else?"

get a clue.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
It's another beautiful and sunny day so I'm not going to let it bother me anymore.
My goodness. So much shouting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
Sorry, but if you spent money and or effort on the car and want to keep it nice, then there's something wrong with anyone that thinks damaging it or attempted damage is somehow an acceptable behaviour, like you apparently do.
My goodness, you need to learn to read. No one damaged or attempted to damage anything; the OP just didn't like the way the car was parked.

I agree it's a PITA to have to climb in through your passenger side door, but it's not worth getting your panties in a twist over, is it?

Quote:
You are the definition of jealousy: "what makes you so special that you deserve something nicer than anyone else?"
You get a clue. I never said that. Reading is fundamental.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:54 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
My goodness. So much shouting ...
As Merc63 stated, if you would've taken the time to actually understand the situation, maybe you wouldn't have made such a stupid comment. I hope this happens to you sometime, lets see if you get upset about it.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:55 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,708,686 times
Should have taken a picture .

Been there, done that. They did it to **** you off and it worked .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive