Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 12:09 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I think 3LT has the max of what I want. I can live with a 1LT. The power and leather seat are pretty much all I care. All the rest electronics can go somewhere else. :-)
Ha! That's what I thought...until I got really, really used to it.
Best thing in Vette (that was in my XLRV) is the HUD. LOVE that thing. Thought it was pointless/annoying at first...now I get confused when I drive a car that doesn't have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 PM

556 posts, read 1,228,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Best thing in Vette (that was in my XLRV) is the HUD. LOVE that thing. Thought it was pointless/annoying at first...now I get confused when I drive a car that doesn't have it.
Just like having a screen between the Tach/Speedo has done to me. The GTO had one and the G8 has one. Once you get used to it displaying big numbers for your current speed, going back to a car with only a needle confuses me.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
So true. When I first bought my 'Vette, I didn't think I'd even use the HUD but now I find myself using that more than I do the actual speedometer! Hopefully the C7 Corvette updates it a bit though, the 1980's digital green color does look a bit dated no matter how wonderfully helpful and convenient it it.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:09 PM

Frankly, I don't see why every car doesn't have one.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Frankly, I don't see why every car doesn't have one.
Because the entire automotive universe is ruled by BEAN COUNTERS who don't see the utility and benefit of an HUD in a vehicle

Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM

297 posts, read 740,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Because the entire automotive universe is ruled by BEAN COUNTERS who don't see the utility and benefit of an HUD in a vehicle
Kind of odd the CTS-V doesn't have HUD...IMO, for any performance car, HUD should be standard!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Actually HUD is favored be Techno geeks,
Real performance cars and drivers don't need that crap.

This car in front of the Vette for example.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
Kind of odd the CTS-V doesn't have HUD...IMO, for any performance car, HUD should be standard!
YES! That is super stupid and I asked them about that!
I hope they bring it back when they deck out the new models in their new interactive control thingie...CUE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive