Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:38 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,856,485 times

Advertisements

I have an appointment to get my black Honda CRV detailed next week. I really hope it comes out looking as nice as your car.

I have two border collies who love to ride in the back seat. I have a heavy-duty cover that I use that hooks over the front seat headrest posts and the rear seat headrest posts. This completely covers the back seat and floor but somehow dog hair still gets in the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 12:26 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsvtec View Post
The Mitsu came out excellent. Black is especially hard to detail, and takes a matter of skill to get it back to showroom condition. Looks like the guy that did your car, was a professional and knew the steps to make a black car shine
This is my second black car. I don't think I'd buy another. I think the next car I purchase will be silver.

I've had some time to really look the car over today. I'm still REALLY happy with the job he did -- I could NEVER have gotten the interior as clean as he did; I simply don't have the tools, and the clean carpet alone was worth the whole $150, I think -- but I've found several places where I think he (or his crew) could have paid more attention.

Based on his portfolio and website, he works on higher-end, newer vehicles more than he works on cars like mine. (And his website says that his ideal customer is one who doesn't wait until the car is trashed before bringing it in for a detail. Ooops.) Shortly after I got to his shop, another customer showed up with a BMW, and then a third dropped off an Audi. So I kind of wondered if my car was lower priority for him that day...or maybe done at the end of the day when he was running out of time.

Nevertheless, I'd use him again and recommend him to others. And I'm DETERMINED to keep it clean myself between details.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:56 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
What do you suggest those of us in the northeast do to get road salt off our cars in the winter?

I would suggest a hose in one hand, and a cloth in the other to wipe the mud, and salt from the body of the vehicle.
I lived in the northeast for 26 years so I know about the road salt and mud.
It is not the soap that removes the salt residue, but the water.
Ever notice the people that frequent car washers?
It's usually the same people week after week.
Wash it one week, and return the next because the car looks dirty, and has a dull shine.
If these people (and I don't care where they live) waxed their cars three times a year,that alone would cut down on the crud that some find they need to take the vehicle to the car wash., to keep it clean.
With a clean cloth, just dampened, cleaning any vehicle would not be a tedious job.
Plus, you would save by not having to go to the car wash.
Going to a car wash is a vicious cycle.
The day you leave the wash, the car looks great.
Two days later it looks like it did which prompted you to go to the car wash in the first place.
Wax, and minimal upkeep, is all that is needed to keep these beauties looking like new, always.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 PM

297 posts, read 740,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Ever notice the people that frequent car washers?
It's usually the same people week after week.
Wash it one week, and return the next because the car looks dirty, and has a dull shine.
I don't know why people bring their cars to those car washes, because it doesn't really wash away all that dirt.

If anyone doesn't believe me, take your car to an automatic car wash, then wipe it off with a microfiber. You'll still see dirt on your towel and the surface feels like sandpaper.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:49 PM

510 posts, read 2,206,520 times
I wont go to a car wash - the chemicals are so strong. They will remove any wax that is on the surface, and after many times can dull the finish. I would of charged $150 to do your car also. I usually charge a little extra for Black cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive