Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most popular luxury brand in your area
Mercedes-Benz 11 13.75%
BMW 25 31.25%
Lexus 23 28.75%
Infiniti 3 3.75%
Acura 2 2.50%
Audi 6 7.50%
Cadillac 7 8.75%
Lincoln 3 3.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:17 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
I live in Plano, TX, work in Uptown Dallas.

Also please note I'm not one of these people who own these cars, in fact I don't own a car at all, I take the bus cause I'm poor
My brother lives in Southlake and works in Dallas. Whenever I go visit him, I notice quite a few expensive marques, but I love going to Ft. Worth and getting the real "cowboy" feel of Texas. I did get the vibe that Dallas has become more "yuppie" than cowboy as the years go on.

I wear cowboy boots with my suits and you guys are lucky to have ML Leddy's right in your backyard. Best place on earth to buy a nice pair of handmade boots, belts, and buckles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,437,088 times
FtW is DEFINITELY more along the "cow town" lines than Dallas is. It's not uncommon to see trucks and trailers in FtW, but around here, it's not a popular choice.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
I live in Plano, TX, work in Uptown Dallas.

Also please note I'm not one of these people who own these cars, in fact I don't own a car at all, I take the bus cause I'm poor
Yup, that's where I live.
There is every kind of luxury car here...droves and droves of them.
I call the 3 series BMW the 'Accord' of this area.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
LIncoln and Caddies are plentiful. More lincoln than Caddies it seems. We see an occaisional Mercedes and even less frequently a BMW. The others are all pretty uncommon.

Funny to me that someone would question Lincoln as a luxury brand and not question Lexus, Audi or infinity.

My brother spends a lot of time in Germany, he told me that mecedes and BMW are not considered high end brands there. They are like Chevy, While they have some high end models, they are not viewed as a high end brand.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:57 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,835,302 times
My commute is infested with BMWs. Miami is reputed to be BMW lease capital of the USA. I believe it. 328s mostly.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:48 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,428 times
Acura isnt a real luxury brand.....

Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,231,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Acura isnt a real luxury brand.....
Acura is a luxury brand - whether you like it or not.. Same thing could be said for Audi..

Old 05-01-2012, 09:59 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,678,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Acura is a luxury brand - whether you like it or not.. Same thing could be said for Audi..
Well, we could go around and around on that, but I don't think many people consider Acura a luxury brand, nor do they consider Lincoln and even Infiniti to really be one either. The luxury market definition these days is really limited to: Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lexus and Mercedes. Outside of that the one that comes next closest is Infiniti with Acura and Lincoln being more in the same group as Buick and Volvo.

With that said, I live in South Jersey near Philadelphia and our most common luxury marque is BMW. That is followed up by equal parts Lexus and Audi with Cadillac behind them followed by Mercedes. There may actually be more "Lexi" on the roads then Audi, but they don't really stand out like the others do. I can see 10 ES's a day and not even realize it.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Acura is not a true luxury brand, I'd categorize it as a near-luxury brand which would be in the same category as Lincoln and Buick. Acura produces nice vehicles but it doesn't produce luxury vehicles. When someone is cross-shopping for a luxury sedan, they don't think to themselves "Hmm...should I buy a Mercedes, Lexus, Cadillac, or Acura". It's much more palatable in the near-luxury segment than it is in a segment that it doesn't truly compete.

And Audi is a true luxury brand in all senses of the word. They have some of the best interiors in the industry (many awards) along with the R8, the flagship A8, and a performance division. Acura doesn't have any of this; it's much more like Buick or Lincoln than it is Audi.

Not trying to be rude, just stating the facts.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
The luxury market definition these days is really limited to: Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lexus and Mercedes. Outside of that the one that comes next closest is Infiniti with Acura and Lincoln being more in the same group as Buick and Volvo.

Wow, What about Rolls Royce, Bentley, Maybach, Austin Martin, and the Maserati name plates? The fact is that for the most part I see Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Lexus, and Mercedes as a starting point to Luxury with specific models in each line really making it into the segment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive