Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

The features I like best on my 4 cars...

1966 Plymouth Fury VIP
The big and soft front seat (see 1st photo) which I suppose can be classified as a feature since the seat type was not available on the base models, the chrome door pulls and the 383-cu-in big block engine which was an option.

1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
The thick leather seats, the climate control (the A/C blows very cold), the variable-ratio steering (which was introduced on the 1966 Cadillacs) and the smooth and powerful 472-cu-in engine.

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine
The glass power-operated partition window (when in the "up" position, the interior of the front compartment cools off very fast in hot weather), the crushed velour rear seat... very soft and comfortable, the incredibly smooth ride, the rear control panel (see second photo) of which the right rear passenger can operate the power door locks, the reading lamp, both rear windows, the partition window, the radio controls and the climate controls)

1995 Lincoln Town Car
The remote key-less entry and the buttons on the steering wheel which operate the cruise control, climate control temp and fan speed and the radio controls).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 08:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Air conditionig;electric windows bucket seats;extended life from fluids and plugs;backup camera ;electric adjustable seats.that is all i can thnk of off hand.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:19 PM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
I have a fully loaded Ford Expedition Limited. Has all the bells and whistles and the only features that I find I really like are the moonroof, the amazing factory sound system, the remote hatch open/close, and the third row seating. Everything else is nice but not needed in my opinion.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:19 PM

290 posts, read 921,784 times
Proximity keyless entry, push button start, nav, HIDs, bluetooth, iPod hookup, heated steering wheel, sunroof/monroof, rear view camera.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
I love a sunroof on a car whatever I buy next is going to have one. I like the idea of a remote start for when the weather is bad. What I don't like are such features where the car parks for you. Options like that seems to dumb down drivers. Just my two cents worth.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:35 PM

26,406 posts, read 46,566,000 times
My favorite features on my 2004 Subaru Forester

1) AWD

2) Panoramic Sunroof

3) Heated Seats

4) Storage Compartments, Everywhere

5) Safety Features, Highly Ranked

Old 05-05-2012, 11:51 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Torque

Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,652,966 times
I have a 12-year-old Acura Integra, so on my own car there are very few features to cite. I still like some things about it vs newer cheap cars, just the way it feels and things that fall to hand mainly, but newer cars of similar/better ilk are usually big improvements.

One thing I notice all the time though even on cars that should improve upon mine (I drive rentals about 10x a year and usually on medium to long trips) is the seat height adjustment. It's just a little thing, but my car, though old, has a (manual knob) height adjustment for both the front and back ends of the seat. This can make all the difference in the world in seat comfort vs the more typical single adjustment that effectively pivots in an arc around some point near the front end of the seat.

One of the features I get used to enjoying quickly when I have it is the proximity keyless entry/start. Leave the remote in my pocket all the time.

In the winter I enjoyed a rental with remote start and heated seats (which could be programmed to cook the seats when the remote start was triggered, very nice), but at home it's not really a big deal because the car should be in the garage. I'm sure I'd love ventilated seats, but I've never had a chance to try.

I also like some of the cars that have good integration with my iPhone, mainly for playing music. (As a rule I don't take/make calls while driving, not even hands-free.)

After this car though I think I might be through with moonroofs. I don't use it much, and the damn shade rattles like a SOB, open or closed, despite several efforts to kind of wedge it in place while closed.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
HID lighting, SiriusXm Radio, Reverse Camera, One touch up/down windows

Old 05-06-2012, 07:43 AM

297 posts, read 740,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Push Button start and keyless entry
Ultra view Sunroof
OnStar and Nav
Heated and Cooled seats
Power lift gate
adjustable pedals
20GB hard Drive
Pandora/IHeart radio interface
Instant Weather and Traffic updates
Bluetooth
Rain Sensor Windsheild Wipers
Onstar App for Remote Start, Lock, Unlock and Cancel Start
LED headlights
Is that a features list for an SRX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive