Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:30 PM

20 posts, read 84,239 times

Advertisements

I think the Wrangler would be more fun. You can take the doors and top off and the aftermarket for those cars is HUGE! It will also be much better off road. But I'd imagine that a Raptor is much more comfortable as a daily driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 09:32 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillac View Post
I think the Wrangler would be more fun. You can take the doors and top off and the aftermarket for those cars is HUGE! It will also be much better off road. But I'd imagine that a Raptor is much more comfortable as a daily driver.
Have you seen the Raptor off-road? It's a complete beast in the desert, the ground clearance might actually make it a better vehicle for the type of activity the OP is talking about.

Don't get me wrong, Jeep's are neat but I'd go with the Raptor.

Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,516,151 times
The Raptor is perfect 10/10 on the ugly scale. The jeep is only a 7/10. I'd get the Jeep.

Have you test driven these vehicles? Get the one that makes you smile more. Jeeps have a way of making one hoot and holler.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
The Raptor is perfect 10/10 on the ugly scale. The jeep is only a 7/10. I'd get the Jeep.

Have you test driven these vehicles? Get the one that makes you smile more. Jeeps have a way of making one hoot and holler.
Jeep's are definitely great off-road vehicles but I prefer the look of the regular Wrangler versus the Unlimited. The Unlimited just doesn't look right to me, too long.

I actually find the Raptor a sweet looking vehicle aesthetically, I wouldn't mind buying one as my next daily-driver if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't tow my boat with it. That 6.2L is just an awesome engine though.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:49 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,516,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Jeep's are definitely great off-road vehicles but I prefer the look of the regular Wrangler versus the Unlimited. The Unlimited just doesn't look right to me, too long.

I actually find the Raptor a sweet looking vehicle aesthetically, I wouldn't mind buying one as my next daily-driver if it weren't for the fact that I couldn't tow my boat with it. That 6.2L is just an awesome engine though.
Yeah, I'm not sure I'll ever fully get used to a 4 door Wrangler. On the other hand, that's two more doors to remove!

On my old CJ the best configuration for trips to the beach was safari top, no doors... kept the sun and afternoon sprinkles out.

I liked the 04-06 unlimited ... but its design was pretty outdated even then.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,941 times
Where in the NORTHEAST are you..... New York, Mass, CT or NYC or Upstate. . .

If you're in these areas then you probably want a Dodge PW eventually you will be met with many feet of snow, I have a Jeeps and P/U's, when you gotta go from the house to the vehicles in 2 feet of snow on a un-plowed road the jeep ain't gonna get it done, id do the jeep over the svt for anything off-road.

It would depend what you may wake up to. . .

Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
I've gotta stand up for the Jeep. I've had my unlimited for almost a year and haven't regretted it. I only looked as far as the price on the Raptor before deciding I wasn't gonna get one (though to be fair, the unlimited wasn't exactly cheap either). Ouch!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
better to compare the Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon IMO to the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited if lookng for a pick-up with Off-Road Capability..

2011 Ram 2500 Powerwagon Review - YouTube

Old 05-07-2012, 04:11 PM

232 posts, read 496,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
better to compare the Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon IMO to the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited if lookng for a pick-up with Off-Road Capability..

2011 Ram 2500 Powerwagon Review - YouTube
Yeah I considered it. I really liked it because I wanted to stay in the Chrysler family. I took the Raptor over it due to the aesthetics of the Raptor. Maybe I'll reconsider though..

Old 05-07-2012, 04:24 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,893,349 times
I think the PW looks good in stock form but a few mods makes it even better.

The Raptor is more of a high speed desert (baja) off road truck. The PW is more of a rock crawling, going into the woods kind of truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive