Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:27 AM

2,259 posts, read 4,750,068 times

Advertisements

This is me and my dads 68 Shelby G.T. 350 convert, when I was much much much younger
Attached Thumbnails
RIP Carroll Shelby-00000041.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 10:03 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
This is me and my dads 68 Shelby G.T. 350 convert, when I was much much much younger

Looks like you won a trophy there My son just entered his first
car show with our modified '03 Cobra Mustang. He didn't win, but these
are memories you'll have forever.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:59 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,866,412 times
Yikes

"The body of celebrated auto designer and race car driver Carroll Shelby, who died more than a month ago, could remain in a Dallas morgue for several more weeks while his family fights about burial plans, his sons said Tuesday."

Auto designer Carroll Shelby's family in burial dispute - ESPN Dallas

Old 10-04-2014, 11:02 PM

528 posts, read 823,101 times
I was a fan of Mr. Shelby from the very beginning with his Cobra's and Mustang's but, he never backed away from a challenge. When Lee Iacocca came to him and asked him to inject some performance into their four cylinder lineup he was all in. In doing so he created a whole new legion of Shelby cars and fans that is still going strong today. He genuinely loved his turbo Dodges and had several in his personal collection. In addition to his turbo Dodges the pinnacle of his Dodge collaboration was the original the Viper.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:37 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjken View Post
I was a fan of Mr. Shelby from the very beginning with his Cobra's and Mustang's but, he never backed away from a challenge. When Lee Iacocca came to him and asked him to inject some performance into their four cylinder lineup he was all in. In doing so he created a whole new legion of Shelby cars and fans that is still going strong today. He genuinely loved his turbo Dodges and had several in his personal collection. In addition to his turbo Dodges the pinnacle of his Dodge collaboration was the original the Viper.
Why. The. Eff. would you dig up this old thread?

Old 10-06-2014, 04:18 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Why. The. Eff. would you dig up this old thread?
2 year 5 month anniversary of his death?

Old 10-06-2014, 06:46 PM

528 posts, read 823,101 times
Just found it. Two years and 5 months after his death does not make him irrelevant.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:21 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjken View Post
Just found it. Two years and 5 months after his death does not make him irrelevant.
But, there's no point in bringing back an old ass thread, with nothing new to add, duh. Let me make your post actually usefull; Iacoca did come to him to build the viper, because of his success with the sports car he built. He designed the car off the cobra,with chrysler adding their flare. It, by his design was supposed to have a v8, Iacoca wanted a v10- he won that argument, shelby still got paid, and the viper ended up with a glorified truck motor.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:24 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,581,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
But, there's no point in bringing back an old ass thread, with nothing new to add, duh. Let me make your post actually usefull; Iacoca did come to him to build the viper, because of his success with the sports car he built. He designed the car off the cobra,with chrysler adding their flare. It, by his design was supposed to have a v8, Iacoca wanted a v10- he won that argument, shelby still got paid, and the viper ended up with a glorified truck motor.

Stop being an ass and calm down. Would you have rather had him make a new thread?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:59 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,060,487 times
He was famous for the Cobra which was the British AC Ace with a large American muscle engines wedged in. The cars were made in then UK and shipped out to the USA without engines.

Shelby made it look like this, with wheel arches and a big muscle lump of an engine. Called the AC Cobra in the UK:

I just about prefer the looks of the original AC Ace as it looks so much more elegant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive