Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the best '07+ truck?
Chevy Silverado 1500/GMC Sierra 1500 9 23.08%
Dodge Ram 1500 3 7.69%
Ford F-150/Lincoln Mark LT 7 17.95%
Nissan Titan 4 10.26%
Toyota Tundra 16 41.03%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:50 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,096,302 times

Advertisements

[quote=8 SNAKE;1607180]
Rarely do you see Toyota roll out big incentives on their vehicles.

You said it. No need to offer incentives to attract buyers because they come on their own. We had to get our truck off the delivery truck before it even got on the lot because that's how fast they were going. That same day as my husband had it in his bay, a saleman brought a customer out to look at it because the customer wanted to buy it. The salesman didn't even realize it was already sold to us.

However, they've already offered 0% interest for 60 months on the new Tundra. QUOTE]

Isn't the whole economy in a slump right now?

Blinded!! i have owned other vehicles before. Chevy camero, Ford and currently have a pontiac GTP and none of them lived up to the quality of a toyota. We even have a Chevy Silverado 4 x 4 right now too so can't say we haven't given other competitors a try to compare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 07:03 AM

340 posts, read 1,445,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
It's one thing to be a fan of Toyota. It's quite another to go through life with blinders on.

Rarely do you see Toyota roll out big incentives on their vehicles. However, they've already offered 0% interest for 60 months on the new Tundra. Logic tells me that the Tundra isn't exactly flying off dealer lots.
You know the one thing I don't see is Toyota closing down plants,or Toyota laying off large numbers of workers,or Toyota workers striking to ensure job security,or Toyota Corp.loosing money during the last qtr.I really don't think Toyota needs incentives to sell there product.I have worked for 13 different car manufactures in the repair dept.,and from that experience, I will never own anything else but a Toyota.(Buick,Mercedes Benz,Opel,Gmc Trucks,Chevrolet,Chrysler,Dodge,Nissan,Ford,Lincol n Mercury,Merkur,Ford Truck,and Yugo)

Old 09-29-2007, 06:57 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
Isn't the whole economy in a slump right now?
You missed my point entirely. If the Tundra was selling as strongly as some people here are proclaiming, you would NOT see Toyota offer 0% financing offers. I don't see them offering 0% on the FJ or Tacoma, do you?

Old 09-29-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerfamily View Post
You know the one thing I don't see is Toyota closing down plants,or Toyota laying off large numbers of workers,or Toyota workers striking to ensure job security,or Toyota Corp.loosing money during the last qtr.I really don't think Toyota needs incentives to sell there product.I have worked for 13 different car manufactures in the repair dept.,and from that experience, I will never own anything else but a Toyota.(Buick,Mercedes Benz,Opel,Gmc Trucks,Chevrolet,Chrysler,Dodge,Nissan,Ford,Lincol n Mercury,Merkur,Ford Truck,and Yugo)
Not the point of this discussion. We're talking about ONE vehicle in the Toyota lineup. I never said that Toyota was shuttering plants or losing money. I said that the Tundra is not the all-star that some here choose to believe that it is. The Tundra is a solid truck, but it is certainly NOT anywhere close to knocking off the F-150 or Silverado/Sierra.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:17 PM

105 posts, read 438,033 times
I have owned Fords, Chevys, Mazda pickups, and all of them I would own again. But, I am impressed the the Tundra. We tow alot going to OK. and have been talking about getting a toy hauler, and the Tundra would handle it with ease. The room the the 4 door model has in is just great. But, for now we have to decided on what is more important. I like the all the new pickups, but I am leaning towards a new Tundra.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You missed my point entirely. If the Tundra was selling as strongly as some people here are proclaiming, you would NOT see Toyota offer 0% financing offers. I don't see them offering 0% on the FJ or Tacoma, do you?

So how to you explain J.D. Power and Associates showing the new Tundra is in High Demand? Are their stats incorrect?

If you knew how Toyota does it sales, you'd know that one month they off good finance rates (For superior credit ratings only) and the next month they offer the rebates for everyone. They alternate back and forth each month. Nothing new, It's been going on like that for some time you just happen to be dogging the new Tundra and make note of the 0% financing on the Tundra because you need something to support your claim that they are not selling but again, J.D. Power says they are in high demand.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaired51 View Post
I have owned Fords, Chevys, Mazda pickups, and all of them I would own again. But, I am impressed the the Tundra. We tow alot going to OK. and have been talking about getting a toy hauler, and the Tundra would handle it with ease. The room the the 4 door model has in is just great. But, for now we have to decided on what is more important. I like the all the new pickups, but I am leaning towards a new Tundra.

We have a 2007 Tundra and towed our 30' travel camper from FL to TN with no problem at all. It definately towed better than the 2005 Tundra we had. The camper was packed to the max, full water tanks, we had a huge generator, a riding lawn mower, yard tools, lawn chairs. We were probably very close to the recommended towing capacity but my husband said it just pulled like it wasn't even back there. Let's just say I was a bit concerned it was overpacked but we had no problems going up the mountains and all. I wish i had taken a picture because the truck bed was just overflowing with stuff.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
So how to you explain J.D. Power and Associates showing the new Tundra is in High Demand? Are their stats incorrect?
I have no idea how JD Power comes up with its High Demand calculation. It doesn't really matter. If the Tundra was flying off dealer showrooms, Toyota would NOT offer 0% financing.

Quote:
If you knew how Toyota does it sales, you'd know that one month they off good finance rates (For superior credit ratings only) and the next month they offer the rebates for everyone. They alternate back and forth each month. Nothing new, It's been going on like that for some time you just happen to be dogging the new Tundra and make note of the 0% financing on the Tundra because you need something to support your claim that they are not selling but again, J.D. Power says they are in high demand.
Are you reading any of my posts?? I have not dogged the new Tundra at all. I said that it was a solid truck because it is. However, it is not overtaking the F-150 or Silverado like some here have claimed. Your claim about Toyota's incentives is also inaccurate. Toyota (and every other manufacturer) offers incentives to move vehicles that need help selling, period. Toyota didn't offer an incentive on the new Tundra just to be friendly.

Since you're so big on the JD Power stat, can you elaborate on how they came up with it? Companies like JD Power and Edmunds have some valuable information, but to assume that everything they put out is accurate would be a false assumption.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I have no idea how JD Power comes up with its High Demand calculation. It doesn't really matter. If the Tundra was flying off dealer showrooms, Toyota would NOT offer 0% financing.

Are you reading any of my posts?? I have not dogged the new Tundra at all. I said that it was a solid truck because it is. However, it is not overtaking the F-150 or Silverado like some here have claimed. Your claim about Toyota's incentives is also inaccurate. Toyota (and every other manufacturer) offers incentives to move vehicles that need help selling, period. Toyota didn't offer an incentive on the new Tundra just to be friendly.

Since you're so big on the JD Power stat, can you elaborate on how they came up with it? Companies like JD Power and Edmunds have some valuable information, but to assume that everything they put out is accurate would be a false assumption.
I was just backing up what SPEEDY AZ quoted on the previous page in relation to the Tundra vs. Ford according to J.D. Power. I could care less about how they do their rankings but i'm just saying the Tundra is in High demand vs the Ford in medium demand on their account. That has to count for something i think. Not in demand, why did we have to grab our Tundra off the delivery truck before it even hit the ground if they are not flying off the lots? At least at the Toyota dealership my husband works at, they are flying off the lots and they actually have a back log of orders specifically for the Tundra that people are waiting for. I can't speak for everywhere else just stating the facts of what is happening here in our area with our Toyota dealership. Heck it's only been out for a few months my husband stating only about 88,000 are on the road right now. You can't expect to see actual stats to even compare to the other trucks yet. Just tracking those people down for their opinions on the truck and hoping they respond could take a long time.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 PM

340 posts, read 1,445,348 times
Look ,you're obviously stuck on your Ford/Chevy high horse thing Snake and your reasoning of 0%= low sales quota.So go ahead and take your shot at Toyota and Tundra sales but the plant they just built in San Antonio is adding shifts just to keep up with demand.And thats not to flood the market(probably your next come-back).When Toyota starts copying Chevy with the employee discount thing on pricing - thats a sign your in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive