Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 11:15 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,514 times

Advertisements

we discussed and agreed upon the deal, they need to make money, I understand it, and I give them money to make. I think it's a fair deal. yet they still wanted to pull a last-minute stunt with all the "I'm sorry sir, this is the best we can do" stunt, I was like WTF, we agreed on the specifics of a deal, I didn't nitpick, why the f*** did you people play this game with me? I just told them "one more cent, I'm out there would be no deal.". They relented. Man, I should have played harder ball with them. These people have no shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 PM

310 posts, read 1,025,031 times
Good for you for sticking it to them. Trying to go back on their deal is just low-class. Next time that happens tell them that because of their BS the deal is off unless they drop the price even more. That will get them to shut up.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Sounds to me like you did the same thing they did. Then they agreed to your deal which they where proably going to take anyweay. Its just the game of bargaining;plain and simple.There are mnay sites that willt ell you justnow good a deal you should have looked for,

Old 06-23-2012, 11:34 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Sounds to me like you did the same thing they did. Then they agreed to your deal which they where proably going to take anyweay. Its just the game of bargaining;plain and simple.There are mnay sites that willt ell you justnow good a deal you should have looked for,
we had a deal, they told me we had a deal and they actually specifically told me that this is something they couldn't go back on, yet precisely this is exactly what they did to me. I understand even though I don't like the whole business of bargaining (I work in IT, in IT, we don't bargain, we will try to give you a good deal but we won't bargain, take it or leave it.), they force me into it. I think we're done with the bargaining we they gave me the final quote and we the top sale manager talked to me and basically finished most of the details of the deal, yet, they still tried to go back on it a few days later. That's just not cool, legit business, as far as my understanding goes, isn't mafia, there can be infinite bargaining, but once a deal is stricken, even a oral deal, it's just not cool to attempt to go back on it, if you didn't check your number correct, tough luck, that's your problem. Business is not crime, there is still some basic moral .

Old 06-24-2012, 06:45 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
we had a deal, they told me we had a deal and they actually specifically told me that this is something they couldn't go back on, yet precisely this is exactly what they did to me. I understand even though I don't like the whole business of bargaining (I work in IT, in IT, we don't bargain, we will try to give you a good deal but we won't bargain, take it or leave it.), they force me into it. I think we're done with the bargaining we they gave me the final quote and we the top sale manager talked to me and basically finished most of the details of the deal, yet, they still tried to go back on it a few days later. That's just not cool, legit business, as far as my understanding goes, isn't mafia, there can be infinite bargaining, but once a deal is stricken, even a oral deal, it's just not cool to attempt to go back on it, if you didn't check your number correct, tough luck, that's your problem. Business is not crime, there is still some basic moral .

Sounds like your issues is with the bank that financed the deal. The dealer thought they could get you this rate, the bank came back with a different one. What is the dealer supposto to? Eat the difference? Like you said the dealer is there to make money. It sucks they tried to "screw" you but it happens all the time( I sold cars for a period of a few months; could not deal with it, terrible business to work in) most of the time it has nothing to do with the dealer, and more to do with a huge number of external factors(problems with bank, customers lieing about income/financial situation) If your not happy don't buy the car, if you didnt get the rate you were promised, walk away, and get your financing at YOUR bank/credit union; that way you dont have to worry about this. Just get your cash price and your done.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
Once a deal is stricken you no longer have a deal. I think you mean "once a deal is struck."

Everything else about this rant is funny, too.

And you say they tried to go back on it "a few days later." Are you saying you agreed to the deal but didn't close it at the same time? You need to sign on the dotted line on the spot. "A few days later" all bets are off. If you're saying you did close the deal and they changed the terms after the fact the I agree that they need to suck it up. Which it sounds like they eventually did so I'm not sure what you're complaint is.

Frankly it sounds like you really don't know much about business at all. Better stick to computers.

Oh and if an IT contractor wants my business, he'd better be willing to bargain. Because there are plenty of them out there who will.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:09 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
I love cars and I'd love to sell cars. However, I know I could never be a car salesman. I don't lie to people and I have a strong personal morals that would prevent me from trying to push a car I know is bad. Some salesmen are the stereotypical slimy used car salesman complete with gelled hair, fake gold watch, and bad suit. They try to put on an attitude as if they're trying to do you a favor by waiting on you and helping you (like when they claim to be trying to push his manager to accept your offer). It seems the more high end the brand, the better the salesman treats the customer and the lower the brand, the more of their condescending attitude comes out.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:12 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
Even after signing all the papers there are legitimate circumstances that can change the deal, but they are always covered in the fine print on the sales contract. For examples, the payoff on your trade is more than estimated, or the financial/credit information you gave cannot be verified so a higher interest rate is needed to qualify.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Even after signing all the papers there are legitimate circumstances that can change the deal, but they are always covered in the fine print on the sales contract. For examples, the payoff on your trade is more than estimated, or the financial/credit information you gave cannot be verified so a higher interest rate is needed to qualify.
Key words, "fine print". At the time of signing it seems there are more papers to sign than when filling out medical history for a doctor or hospital. By the time the customer has the papers brought to him/her, they've been in the dealership for more than an hour, sometimes half a day or more. They're too tired and frustrated to read or even understand the legalese on all those documents, some of which require a magnifying glass to read. As for honest reasons for the change in the deal, that needs to be communicated with the customer in a clear and simple manner to help the customer understand the situation and let the customer know ASAP, not when they stop by for the final paperwork.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:51 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
as noted above ... the "fine print" has all the circumstances outlined where the dealer has the right to come back after a "deal is made" to adjust the numbers to fit the final circumstances of the deal. Trade values, pay-offs, interest rates are all subject to final determinations.

Hardly the stuff of bargaining in "bad faith" or not knowing good customer service.

My bet is that you didn't read or understand the contract doc's that you signed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive