Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 04:37 AM

1,900 posts, read 5,903,387 times

Advertisements

Back then, reclining passenger seats were optional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,515 times
I think a bench seat much safer. With a center console, a side crash is likely to crush your legs instead of pushing you across a bench seat. Also a bench seat lets your mate sit next to you.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:31 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
If the OP were to ever check back, I wonder what he got. My suggestion for his SO would be a Unimog.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM

968 posts, read 1,137,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Help me out here. I'm trying to find a vehicle for my wife. In order to know what type of vehicle we need, you have to know we have an unusual story.

The main thing that makes my wife the most beautiful woman in the world (my apologies to any other ladies who might be reading this right now) is her unique body. That's the main reason why we're looking for a special type of vehicle.

1) First of all, she's 6'3". Hence, we need a vehicle that's good for really tall people. I'm 6'2", so that'd be good for me too. (Also, she likes SUVs / trucks / high-riding vehicles. We recently purchased a Honda Odyssey and that's proven not to be what she likes / needs... so we're strongly contemplating selling it.)

2) Secondly, she has a REALLY big butt... R-E-A-L-L-Y BIG... and her thighs aren't just thunder thighs, they're thunderSTORM thighs. As such, she appears much taller than 6'3" when sitting. (She's only one inch taller than me but she looks 5 inches taller than me when we're sitting.) So, we'd need a vehicle that would work for someone who is like 6'7"... not just any ordinary 6'3" person.

Also due to #2 above, there ain't a bucket seat on the face of the planet in which she's comfortable sitting, so we need something with a FRONT BENCH SEAT. (Besides, those are better for cuddling!) The main reason why she's not comfortable in the Odyssey on long trips is because the relatively immobile metal seat belt anchor digs into her butt... there have been other vehicles she's tried, and her most common complaint is that she feels squeezed into the driver's position due to the center console between the front bucket seats. I have a 1996 Silverado with bucket seats and she's had few complaints about it, mostly because it's bigger and the seat belt anchors move around quite a bit... plus, the center console is fairly low so she can hang over it when needed. A split front bench seat is a consideration, and I suppose it would be okay to have one of those bench seats that has a console in the center when you flip up the middle part... but her last car was a 2006 Impala with that seat setup and she still broke the center console. I'd much rather have a vehicle with a 50/50 split bench or a plain ol' solid bench. Given that we're both tall, we wouldn't have to adjust the seat when swapping drivers.

Also due to #2 above, it needs to have at least a tilt steering wheel so her legs will fit under it comfortably... and I will admit, a telescopic steering wheel would be amazing because, despite her long arms, she likes the wheel to be relatively close to her body. (Do any cars except old Cadillacs have both tilt and telescope steering wheels?! My '72 Sedan DeVille had that and it was AWESOME!)

Hunting around on Craigslist and Cars.com is rather tedious. Whatever help you can render would be great. Don't worry about the age of the vehicle... we're looking to get something older and cheap anyway, so we don't have to deal with a car payment. Comfort and size are most important... gas mileage is always a factor but for the type of vehicle we're going to have to get, we know that we won't be getting great gas mileage.

She prefers SUVs but I know that a truck is her second choice. What do you think would work for her?

(Let's keep the discussion on vehicles only. NO COMMENTS ABOUT MY WIFE'S SIZE. I have my preferences as we all do, and nowhere in the Bible does it say what size woman a man should / shouldn't pursue. I don't know when / if she'll lose the weight, hence why we need a vehicle that's good for her right now. Even if she loses the weight, she'll still be 6'3" and she'll still like SUVs, so whatever we get now will still be good later on.)
Ford F-250-350 Super Duty super cab or crew cab. Two King Kong Bundy's will fit in one.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,417 times
I have a Buick Lesabre and the bench seats are great when you have a baby seat and a buster seat and you're riding with three other adults. The comfort level is great and you're not ina bulky vehicle. Some cars look really spacious but don't have the room you're looking for! Other than being really reliable, it's great on mileage too, so you have the look of a sedan but feel and comfort of a larger vehicle that are usually referred to as gas guzzlers! Another great sedan would have to be the Impalas, comfortable and great looking!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:29 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,037,754 times
This thread has to be a joke.

Either way, the OP basically needs to go shopping for a pickup with a bench seat. Which one has that option is a crap-shoot, even by make & model.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,703 times
I'm Looking for a Yukon xl that sits upto 9 people, that is 2013, preferably under 20,000 mileage. Also has entertainment center: like DVDs player, rear view camara, leather sit and all that good features.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:35 AM

3 posts, read 3,514 times
I think you all covered it quite well. 2004 Ford truck had bench seats. Other things not sure about. Remember the more you ask for of a vehicle the more it will cost, like tilt and telescopic. Even in old trucks. Also all old trucks, need a lot of work and that can be expensive as well. The Chevy and Fords are your best bet in finding what you want. I know nothing about Dodge trucks at all. I wish you luck my friend.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:42 AM

Talking about reclining seats. I had a 93 Caddy Deville. Very comfortable and had all you wanted. Very comfortable, and a good riding car. Cost a lot to fix it, like 200$ just for a head light. wow that bites. big truck are also expensive.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:47 AM

Mary Mac, i usually just list what I want and then put it in at a point where autos are mentions and up comes a bunch. Not always exactly what you asked for, but will tell you what is in it, what shape it is in, and a picture and how far away it is from you. etc. Good hunting my friend, and i hope you find what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive