Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 01:52 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,033,609 times

Advertisements

I actually agree with both posts directly above me.

Everywhere I've ever lived in this large country, true, people complain that they have the worst drivers in the country. Every city I've lived in does have crummy drivers, and as I've said before, there seems to be common themes of the crummy drivers from city to city. And yes, crummy drivers are everywhere unfortunately, so of course defensive driving skills are necessary no matter where you are.

However...

Though I've never lived in Miami, I vacation there enough that I'm told I'm an honoree resident. I do agree that no city I've ever lived in or ever drove in that tops the worst traffic lists have even touched the insanity that is Miami aggressive drivers, aside from the cabs and locals that will hit you to make a turn in NYC. As long as you can avoid being side-swiped in NYC, you're fine. In Miami, my nerves are literally on edge the entire time I'm in the car (and I'm not a driving wuss, I've driven for years in DC and LA traffic, just to name a few). I've never experienced anything quite like Miami driving. It's hard to describe, until you've been there a while.

I'd say you're both right.

As to the original question, really, any city other than Miami will be an improvement, so take your pick. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 03:39 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Maybe those Miami folks are just constantly on edge because of the giant roaches crawling over everything in sight.

Yes, I know that Florida folks call them "Palmetto Bugs". However, the rest of us know that these are just GIANT roaches, and they have the added "charm" of being able to fly. Yup--these are one of the reasons why I now avoid Florida. The drivers are another reason, of course.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 PM

115 posts, read 174,594 times
Don't know about "safest," but "best" is subjective. There are efficient drivers that will pass you if you are driving exactly at the speed limit. And there are small towns where people will wait for the other person to wave at an intersection before they turn.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:20 PM

1,548 posts, read 3,033,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Maybe those Miami folks are just constantly on edge because of the giant roaches crawling over everything in sight.

Yes, I know that Florida folks call them "Palmetto Bugs". However, the rest of us know that these are just GIANT roaches, and they have the added "charm" of being able to fly. Yup--these are one of the reasons why I now avoid Florida. The drivers are another reason, of course.

That is entirely possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive