Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:42 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Probably not because in theory a high mileage exotic is worth exponentially less than a low mile one so in the event of a claim their payout would be significantly less......

5K mile Ferrari F430 might get 130-150K, a 50K mile one would struggle to get 75-90K.....
The math is right but you forgot to mention that 0k is significantly less than 75k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
The math is right but you forgot to mention that 0k is significantly less than 75k.
An insurance company would never take that chance in a jury trial that they took a premium and then didn't pay! They would look at the loss of premium and the gain of a lower payout as a "win" for the company.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
An insurance company would never take that chance in a jury trial that they took a premium and then didn't pay! They would look at the loss of premium and the gain of a lower payout as a "win" for the company.
I'm definitely no legal expert but I would think there is a possibility as mentioned earlier that exceeding allotted annual mileage would be a misrepresentation of risk and could void your coverage. They may pay out anyway to avoid legal costs but I would think that someone who owns an exotic car would rather declare truthful mileage rather than take the risk.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:20 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
A. Mileage is never verified after writing the policy so if you tell the company that you plan on driving 5k miles and go 12k instead they will never catch it.
Don't know about the specific policy to which you are referring, but I've had several regular policies with State Farm over the years where my premium is reduced because I drive the cars less than 7,500/yr. They ask for odometer readings on a regular basis. They've even occasionally asked to verify the odometer in person.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Don't know about the specific policy to which you are referring, but I've had several regular policies with State Farm over the years where my premium is reduced because I drive the cars less than 7,500/yr. They ask for odometer readings on a regular basis. They've even occasionally asked to verify the odometer in person.
wow you drive less then 7,500 a year in vegas? nice stuff.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
well the title is pretty self explained. but i have a question. If you have a exotic vehicle is it safe to always have a second car along with it?? Can someone actually have a Ferrari or lambo, or a rolls royce and use it everyday? I look on alot of exotic car inventories and most of these exotics that are used dont even have mileage of even 10,000 miles(which isnt bad).

my brother wanted a bentley and was going to use it everyday. So im just curious to ask if its safe for him to just depend on a bentley or does he need a second economical car?
having an exotic can mean alot of diffrent type of cars and trucks other than cars like t the Ferrari or lambo

Knight XV Worlds Most Expensive Rides - YouTube
This is street legal made in Canada and is a MRAP that has seen action in Afghanistan and uses Tak-4 anti-Mine IED protection from lesseons learned on older APC's but they made they and the interior into something out of you would have in top end a Escalade or Range Rover

Oshkosh MRAP All Terrain Vehicle (M-ATV) - YouTube
I mean i am sure something like this would get alot of miles and take some abuse but would be terrible for everyday and pwoplw that buy high end Ferrari or bently have enough money that if mileage and bewing worried about having to get a second car means that you are unable to realtically afford to own one since they are not like going to the local ford or GM dealer and getting some Regualr Routine work done.

Also mid-engine Ferrari's have to have the whole engine dropped out of the chasis to get the plugs changed and need to have the whole engine Rebuilt at around 40,000 miles do to it being a full out Racing engine in a Race car with just enough dome to make it legal for the street.

If you look at ferrais with 30,000 miles on them the price drops drastically becasue the engine is soon in need of being Replaced and what ever you save on buying it used will be lost when it is do to have the engine torn down and rebuilt by a Ferrari dealership and a exotic car means exotic car reapir bills and if he wants a every day driver a flagship Mercedes, BMW woul;d be for luxury cars and for sports cars Audi R8, Corvette Z06 and ZR-1, Porchse 911 turbo or Porsche Cayman S, and the Nissan GT-R

all the cars listed above are cars that can Run toe-toe witih the super limted high end exotic market but still are easy to drive daily not hard to find parts and they are built to be driven hard and yet still be docile on the street that it feels like anyother car where it is quite and comfortable due to adjustable suspension settings where normal is a tame daily driver and boring and in Race setting it is so stiff that it is uncomfortable unless you are tracking the car and do SCCA events to actually use what the car was made for and excels at doinf other wise it is a waste of money to buy the highest perfomace model that is track ready from the showroom if you just want to get attention on the street and only use it to go to work and the supermarket then a second car would be best IMO.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
wow you drive less then 7,500 a year in vegas? nice stuff.
Yep. I live roughly 5 miles from the Strip, so I normally don't drive more than 100 miles/week including errands, medical appointments, etc. Of course, all that changed when I decided to drive 2,600 miles to Miami Beach last month, lol.

And in November I'll be doing the trip in reverse. (Unless we decide to buy a 2nd home down here and just leave the car here.)

Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,174 times
Quote:
decades???? also im slightly younger then you. your 25 right? im 22. Maybe he is popular on the west but i have never ever heard or seeen this man before. Never saw him on a big screen, a magazine article nowhere.

and to make it worse he sucks.

Ok, so I stumbled across this thread just poking around. This comment made me laugh harder than anything I can ever remember. I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't know Sir Mix-A-Lot in my life. Like, ever. And just yesterday I met someone who thought Flava Flav got famous from acting.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Ok, so I stumbled across this thread just poking around. This comment made me laugh harder than anything I can ever remember. I don't think I've ever met someone who didn't know Sir Mix-A-Lot in my life. Like, ever. And just yesterday I met someone who thought Flava Flav got famous from acting.
LOL. I don't recall him ever doing any acting.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:57 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
no i thought i didn't know him until mr. egg posted the big butts video. to be honest i only listed to the big butts song growing up nothing else. Kinda sucks that he still wears baggy jeans. thats like sooooo 2003
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive