Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,801,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Good thing for that fool it happen in a country where citizens can't own guns, in the US his family would be burying him.
I already saw what started it....like I said. That semi was swerving back and forth behind him and tailgating. It lookes like he was trying to run him out of his lane or off the road. He's no angel...he's lucky he didn't get out. He would have got his ass beat. That guy was steaming mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
If you get out of your car and come to mine and pound on the window if I am armed you are dead, in MY State it would be considered self defense, there is even film evidence to support it.

Truck drivers ALWAYS do?? Yeah okay
I am always armed too. I don't go try to run other vehicles out of their lane or off the road so I can shoot them either.

Old 09-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Just last weekend on the interstate I was going 80 MPH in a 70 MPH for cars and light trucks. Semis are supposed to be going 65. They're running up on our bumpers and passing us like we are sitting still. Too many speeders (white pills) and a lead foot. That's how stuff happens...........

Old 09-29-2012, 12:53 PM

4,857 posts, read 5,777,393 times
Actually a lot of new rigs are governed from the factory to not go over 65 but there are still some that can exceed that number.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Actually a lot of new rigs are governed from the factory to not go over 65 but there are still some that can exceed that number.
Until they get their friend at the service department at their shop to crank it up for them.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:16 PM

On cars...all you need is one tuner like this, or many other brands... to plug it in and shut it off. I imagine big rigs are the same.

http://www.performanceinjectionequip...520tunerLG.jpg

Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM

11,550 posts, read 52,959,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Huh?

With 70-75 mph speed limits prevalent throughout much of the open spaces of the USA, nobody is going to keep their rig governed down to max 65 mph unless driving at that max speed is a corporate policy dictated to the drivers and the fleet management is using GPS tracking on their rigs.

I see a lot of fleets and owner-driver rigs, and none of them are governed except by the max engine RPM and gearing on the truck; many are readily capable of seeing the far side of 80 mph now that the days of 350 HP engines are history ....

Old 09-30-2012, 06:37 PM

22,579 posts, read 24,400,027 times
Here's one....what a moron:

LiveLeak.com - Road Rage Idiot

Old 10-01-2012, 06:47 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,471,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
On cars...all you need is one tuner like this, or many other brands... to plug it in and shut it off. I imagine big rigs are the same.

http://www.performanceinjectionequip...520tunerLG.jpg
And then theyd loose their job cause not only does the gps program the dispather/management use to keep track of their drivers constantly moniter where they are and what speed they are traveling, but it will also "rat out" WHEN AND WHERE the unauthorized mod to the ecu was performed.... Now and indy owner/operator is another story... Tech trumps tech.. lol

Old 10-01-2012, 06:51 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,471,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Huh?

With 70-75 mph speed limits prevalent throughout much of the open spaces of the USA, nobody is going to keep their rig governed down to max 65 mph unless driving at that max speed is a corporate policy dictated to the drivers and the fleet management is using GPS tracking on their rigs.

I see a lot of fleets and owner-driver rigs, and none of them are governed except by the max engine RPM and gearing on the truck; many are readily capable of seeing the far side of 80 mph now that the days of 350 HP engines are history ....
The indys are the MINORITY.. MOST ARE limited simply for fuel costs.. The time made up by 75-85mph big rigs is a net loser with fuel costs for owners at those higher speeds. Prob why the majority of fleets (which are the majority of our transport methods) limit to somewhere between 65-75 mph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive