Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: small SUVs are generally for women
agree 25 29.76%
disagree 34 40.48%
depends on model (please expand in thread) 25 29.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 10:05 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think all of those type vehicle are crap, I'll keep my suburban, pickup truck and my Freightliner.
A few years ago I pulled a high school kid out of about 12 inches of snow with my pick up after he and some friends thought it was a good idea to take it off road. He stuffed it almost right away and couldn't get it out. One of my coworkers and I were coming back to the shop after some tech schooling in my truck. We saw him and some girl with them flagged us down out in the road. He said his dad was going to kill him if he needed to call a wrecker and offered us 10 bucks to get him out. I hooked my tow strap up to my class 4/5 hitch and told him to please hook to something halfways solid that isn't all plastic. He had a struggle trying to find somewhere. When he did, I dropped her in 4WD low and snatched him out by taking my foot off the brake and mostly idle him out. He was thankful and went to pay. I refused and told him to get a real mans truck before doing that again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,958,053 times
What a stupid thread. I always wondered who would be dim enough to buy a vehicle based on how "manly" it is. But I guess the Big 3 advertisers know their audience better than I do.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:50 PM

89 posts, read 149,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
What a stupid thread. I always wondered who would be dim enough to buy a vehicle based on how "manly" it is. But I guess the Big 3 advertisers know their audience better than I do.
I think these social perceptions are interesting. Vehicle marketing is interesting to me, and these identity-based perceptions are very interesting for a variety of reasons; long-term pollution impact, changing social norms, etc.

You know what I think is stupid? Begging for attention by crying about how stupid a thread is on the internet.

Just ignore it like a big boy.

You are a big boy, right?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Awwww....because that lil' import can't cut the mustard?

7.3 Powerstroke Excursion pulls out delivery truck - YouTube

Ford Excursion Pulling Trees - YouTube

Old 09-24-2012, 11:12 PM

If you really want to flush out the yuppies and hipsters...let them hop in this.

I'd drive that in a minute. I've seen many painted in OD around here. Some are used only for fishing, camping and hunting.

Might as well make it cool so the yuppies and hipsters won't ever steal it if you left the keys in it at Pet Smart.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 PM

Another one...the only thing I would do is get those rims powdercoated black. Other than that...it's nice.
I've seen several like this. Wanna sell it man?

http://coloradok5.com/forums/picture...&pictureid=144

Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove28 View Post
are compact SUV's girl cars?
Sure, why not.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Wife has Caddy SRX...great car, but seems really chicky to me.

Then again, I don't really care what other people think of what I drive.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 AM

89 posts, read 149,571 times
Everyone cares what other people think of them. It's what keeps the economy moving.

It's admirable to try and tone these feelings down to some degree in some circumstances. That's all.

Attempts at pretending you simply don't care what your fellow Americans think of you is to show everyone how full of self-delusion you are.

FWIW cars aren't my thing anymore, I am merely curious about public perception here. But I certainly care what others think of me in many situations.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemove28 View Post
Everyone cares what other people think of them. It's what keeps the economy moving.

It's admirable to try and tone these feelings down to some degree in some circumstances. That's all.

Attempts at pretending you simply don't care what your fellow Americans think of you is to show everyone how full of self-delusion you are.

FWIW cars aren't my thing anymore, I am merely curious about public perception here. But I certainly care what others think of me in many situations.
Of course we all care what people think.
Like my family and friends...people who matter to me...I care what they think of my character, personality, etc.

But I would never make a purchase because I care what someone thinks of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive