Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 AM

355 posts, read 2,704,592 times

Advertisements

Ok , some of you reading this may remember a previous thread called " Need A Bigger Vehicle " . Well , from that I post I did not get as many responses as I thought I would . So , I decided to post a new thread . I currently am leasing a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder LE , but the third row is too small to carry adults . I sometimes travel during holidays and my brother's family rides with me ( him , his wife , and their teenage son ) and my tall 27 year old cousin and my girlfreind as well . When we travel , the person who ends up with the third row is cramped and usually wincing with pain because they have no leg room and have to sit in a very uncomfortable position . Most people cannot sit back there for more than 30 to 45 minutes , which means a lot of stopping during the trip to let the one in the third row get out and stretch their legs . My lease on my Pathfinder is over in November and I would like to go ahead and lease another vehicle now . I was thinking about a 7 passenger crossover or a minivan . I have looked at all the 7 passenger crossovers and minivans on the market and now am starting to want a full-sized suv instead . At first , I was concerned with the gas mileage of a full-sized suv , but now it is starting not to bother me that much and I think a full-sized suv would just be the best thing to do . I have narrowed my choices down to either a Surburban , Yukon XL , or an Expedition EL . Does anyone drive one of these ? What are some pros and cons of each ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 11:26 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,709,963 times
As you probably know, I drive a Yukon Denali and love it to death.

First off the Suburban/Yukon XL are the same exact vehicle with different badges. The Expedition EL takes the place of the Excursion in Ford's 2007 lineup. Both the Suburban and the Expedition were radically redesigned and vastly improved upon.

Here's a good article comparing the two:

Chevrolet Suburban LT3 4x4 vs. Ford Expedition Limited EL 4WD Conclusion - Fullsize SUV Road Test Comparison & Review - Motor Trend

Now with that being out in the open, I drove an '07 Expedition and I found my Yukon to be more comfortable and feel more luxurious than the Expedition. You almost have to drive the two to form your own opinion.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:47 AM

355 posts, read 2,704,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
As you probably know, I drive a Yukon Denali and love it to death.

First off the Suburban/Yukon XL are the same exact vehicle with different badges. The Expedition EL takes the place of the Excursion in Ford's 2007 lineup. Both the Suburban and the Expedition were radically redesigned and vastly improved upon.

Here's a good article comparing the two:

Chevrolet Suburban LT3 4x4 vs. Ford Expedition Limited EL 4WD Conclusion - Fullsize SUV Road Test Comparison & Review - Motor Trend

Now with that being out in the open, I drove an '07 Expedition and I found my Yukon to be more comfortable and feel more luxurious than the Expedition. You almost have to drive the two to form your own opinion.
As you probably know , I test drove a Yukon Denali a week or two ago and really liked the ride and comfort . I plan to test drive a long Yukon Denali XL later on today or some time tommorow . I am sure it will ride the same as the short one , but feel just a little bigger . After driving a Yukon Denali XL , I plan to test drive the Expedition EL . I used to be not-so-fond of the new Expedition's styling , but it is starting to grow on me . A freind of mine got a 2007 Surburban last year around this time and he just loves it to death . My girlfreind and I went on a trip with him and his family this summer to Houston and he let me drive the whole way there . I feel in love with it after only an hour or two of driving it . His is a silver LTZ model with black leather inside .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive