Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:13 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,808,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
He has no problem with new goodies. He just wants them on old cars, so he can tell us how much better old cars are.

If this level of gain was proven across all types of cars, and it protected as well as other premium products, then everyone in the know would be using it and telling others about it. That's not happening. So I'm not buying it, literally and figuratively.
It does...it costs more so many people won't buy it. Also to the comment about Royal Purple destroying your engine is laughable. That stuff protects NASCAR, NHRA and various other cars and high performance boats under extreme conditions and abuse. I don't think it will make your Honda street car take a poop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 03:21 PM

It's even available now to diesels and will work in my truck....Royal Purple 1 Gallon 15W40 High Performance Synthetic Motor Oil Quart | Product Details | Pep Boys

Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
The thing is at least on the net, there are alot of rumors/stories etc... about Ropyal purple not protecting your engine, and actually causing catostrophic failures. It is not widespread, but you never hear it on the other oils, that are far more common place, only really royal purple.

If I had a race car on the side, I barely drove, I would consider. But not on a Daily driver.

Honestly, stick with Mobil 1, its good enough and availible at walmart on sale.

BTW as for 8 hp claims remember that is on an ~330-350 hp ls1. Something like this may cause a percentage increase on something like a focus, it might give 3-4 hp.

I'd rather keep less junk in the car, and maybe throw an intake on the car and still save money over buying royal purple.

BTW who sponsors HP TV, I bet Royal Purple does.
Of course Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge are the next best thing and are a bit cheaper.

Old 09-30-2012, 04:23 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,343,525 times
Love your pic! GREAT grin! Wishing many happy and safe miles in her!

Old 09-30-2012, 04:26 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Great car. Great choice. Here's to many happy trouble free miles. A focus is a really great car.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:19 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,914,076 times
Congrads on your new "baby".
Great looking car,and from what I read about them, great car to own, and drive.
Now, I am sure you will try to keep it looking as it does now, so let me take just a minute of your time and tell you how to keep it looking like my Tbird pictured below.
First off, N E V E R take your vehicle to any car wash, EVER.
I don't care what finish your car has on it, soap will remove any protection wax you have on it, and in quick order.
You have an advantage over lots of people in that your focus is relatively new, and the finish is still good.
All you need to do is put a good coat of wax on it now, and when it does get a little dirty, a hose and rag will be all you need.
No bucket with soapy water.
Dry it off, and then apply a thin coat of MeGuires ultra detail in the black spray bottle.
Buff lightly, and your Focus will always look like this.....

Bob.

Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,640,397 times
Congratulations. Good choice. I had a few of the uplevel models like yours as rental cars a few years ago. One of them was with me for almost a month, and I put a lot of miles on it. Good features, and it had a nice feel on the road too, which is something a lot of smaller cars lack. I assume yours has Sync, which is a great addition.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:04 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,326,603 times
Very nice choice, congrats! If you need to parallel park, look into getting one of those bumper protector systems, as they do come in handy to prevent bumper dings and scratches. Just remember to fold it into the trunk when you set out to drive from a parallel spot.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-01-2012, 12:36 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,629,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
It does...it costs more so many people won't buy it. Also to the comment about Royal Purple destroying your engine is laughable. That stuff protects NASCAR, NHRA and various other cars and high performance boats under extreme conditions and abuse. I don't think it will make your Honda street car take a poop.
I never said they were not great for race applications, used for a race and then drained out the same day.

I said there have been reports of people with issues using them in DD cars, like a little honda street car.

Racing slicks in NASCAR and the NHRA, stick better and do great they any street tire in existance, but first tiny rainstorm in your honda and you will go 360ing into a ditch.

Its all about opinions, but don't believe me? Google Royal Purple, and engine problems. You will see crap come up. Its not all cars, but remember royal purple is possibly the most expensive oil you can put in a vehicle, so it is not that common to the other vehicles, but yet you see a decent proportion of people having issues with it.

I wouldn't trust my engine with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive