Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:32 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Like I said...That's what insurance is for. Some people pay extra to be fully covered while those choose to skimp out and pay for just liability. It has happened to me. Someone left a nice crease in my brand new car just a few months ago. What did I do? Called my insurance company and had the door fixed. Now hitting an actual person is something I would not flee from. Hitting a human being is far from hitting a door.

Hey, at least I have the ballz to be honest here. Many here would do the same they just arent saying so.
Being honest here means nothing.

Integrity. Look it up. Some people have it. You're not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,570,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Being honest here means nothing.

Integrity. Look it up. Some people have it. You're not one of them.
Hey, its a messed up world with many dishonest people. If you want to avoid such an incident and protect yourself from dishonest people who lack integrity, do what I do and make sure you have full coverage insurance.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Hey, its a messed up world with many dishonest people. If you want to avoid such an incident and protect yourself from dishonest people who lack integrity LIKE ME, do what I do and make sure you have full coverage insurance.
I corrected your post. You're welcome.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I corrected your post. You're welcome.

Haha.. Its Friday man. Take the stick out and relax.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
I once hit a guy with my truck in college. I lightly swiped his front bumber and the whole damn bumper came off! I kind of wondered if there was something messed up with it prior to the hit, but regardless, I called a cop and he came out.

The thing that blew my mind was that he said he wasn't going to issue me a ticket because I was so honest. He said that most people would have just driven away. Now two parts in that surprised the hell out of me. 1) A COP saying MOST people would drive away, and 2) The fact that he would issue ANYONE a ticket for such a small mistake when its not endangering lives.

Anyway, its a messed up world we live in when people can get arrested for stealing baby formula but when it comes to hundreds of dollars of car damage, people get away scot-free.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:33 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Seriously! It's not like they just dinged my license plate, that's a full-on DENT with potential for permanent "scars." If the driver was too old and/or incompetent to realize they'd hit me, somebody needs to yank their license ASAP... but I'm sure they did know, and like Magna said above, just pulled out and found another spot. Such a jerk.
I've been on both sides of this issue (obviously not proud to admit about one side). Mine have been the door dents. The one I'm not proud to admit was a door dent when a strong wind kicked my car door which I just opened up against a range rover. I was very young and scared, I didn't leave a note. For those who believe in karma, I had that done to me a couple of times after that.

Lesson learned, I got full coverage on my car so I can just hand a couple of hundred over to my insurance company and make things right with the other owner. And I take as much care as possible not to put myself in that situation again.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 10-05-2012 at 09:47 AM..

Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I've been on both sides of this issue (obviously not proud to admit about). Mine have been the door dents. The one I'm not proud to admit was a door dent when a strong wind kicked my car door which I just opened up against a range rover. I was very young and scared, I didn't leave a note. For those who believe in karma, I had that done to me a couple of times after that.

Lesson learned, I got full coverage on my car so I can just hand a couple of hundred over to my insurance company and make things right with the other owner. And I take as much care as possible not to put myself in that situation again.
According to Vmaxnc, you're a dishonest integrity lacking human being. How dare you!?

Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
According to Vmaxnc, you're a dishonest integrity lacking human being. How dare you!?
The difference is that I would NOT do that now. It hurt the wallet for sure but you can't place a price on being able to look yourself in the mirror every day.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I had somebody hit me when they pulled into a space. They crossed the line and smashed my headlight housing. Broke the glass but I didn't know it until a day later when I noticed the headlights looked funy and out of alignment. Right before Christmas, what a nice gift. No note and I was out $125 for a new headlight( junkyard) and the cost to install it. The car was 10 years old so I didn't care about the slight damage to the housing and grill. It had to be some idiot in a big SUV or truck to clear my bumper. I hope my steel bumper did some damage to them.
I was in the car when some dolt pulled right next to me in a nearly empty lot and banged his car door into mine. The bang jerked me awake and I thought that had to have left a ding. It did but he just went about his business. I got out and looked and when he came back I said you hit my car door. He said, "Oh I'm sorry" and then examined it to make sure it was his door that did it. What an idiot. He drove a crap car too, a Dodge Stratus. What did the damage was those stupid side door moldings. They don't protect your car from dings, they cause dings! it was just a tiny nickel sized ding but he gave me his insurance info and I figured I'd let him sweat waiting for an insurance claim. I never reported it, the car was 10 years old. I tried to pop it out with a suction cup but couldn't then bought a dent puller( $20) but never used it for fear of doing damage to the paint or making it worse. So its my free karma that I get to look at every day when I get in the car. I figure I might ding somebody and can take off and the karmic scales will be balanced.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
One of my best days was when I watched a cop issue a ticket to a yutz who parked his mercedes and took up 4 spaces in a shopping mall parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive