Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Location: Florida
2,026 posts, read 2,744,853 times
Reputation: 1382



I had an accident with a total loss.
I filled out the Vehicle/Vessel transfer form (REG 262) with the power of attorney section and sent it back to the insurance company. Then they have sent me a check.
I though that was all, but then I have received a renewal notice from DMV, assuming they still think it is mine.

So, do i have to fill in the Notice of Release of Liability (REG 138) form and sent it to DMV, or it only applies to selling a functional car to a private party?
A similar case might be when someone trades in his/her old car when buying a new one. If you trade in, do you have to send any forms to DMV or the dealer will do it? I assumed that the power of attorney part was for that purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top