Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who makes the nicest cars with the least snob appeal?
Acura 9 13.64%
Audi 6 9.09%
BMW 2 3.03%
Buick 13 19.70%
Cadillac 4 6.06%
Chrysler 5 7.58%
Hyundai 18 27.27%
Infiniti 7 10.61%
Jaguar 0 0%
Land Rover 1 1.52%
Lexus 2 3.03%
Lincoln 5 7.58%
Mercedes 1 1.52%
Porsche 1 1.52%
Subaru 14 21.21%
Volvo 14 21.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:07 AM

392 posts, read 1,553,109 times

Advertisements

Which brand creates the nicest cars that also have the least amount of snob appeal? Think of them as nice cars that aren't recognized as nice cars, sort of like sleeper snobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 07:33 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Hyundai, Kia

Old 10-10-2012, 07:39 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Hyundai, Kia

Nicest? You fanboys are going a little far with this....

VW, some of the expensive trim Subarus, Lexus, acura Lincoln, Buick, and most of caddillac. They don't tend to have the snobbery of BMW, Mrcedes, Audi.

If you really get to it, some of the top of the line versions of most the manufacturers, can be considered thenicest, but still have the no snobbery feel. For some reason the F150 "kingranch" comes to mind.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Land Rover.

Remember that in most of the world outside the US Land Rover are seen as a maker of utility 4x4s firstly and Range Rovers secondly. Many European Range Rovers are still used off-road.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Nicest? You fanboys are going a little far with this....

VW, some of the expensive trim Subarus, Lexus, acura Lincoln, Buick, and most of caddillac. They don't tend to have the snobbery of BMW, Mrcedes, Audi.

If you really get to it, some of the top of the line versions of most the manufacturers, can be considered thenicest, but still have the no snobbery feel. For some reason the F150 "kingranch" comes to mind.
Thank you for proving my point

VW owners has some of the most stuck up people driving them. Lexus/Acura/Honda the same thing. The reason you don't see any snobs driving Buicks and Caddys is because they are usually of an older generation.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:13 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Hyundai, Kia
If this board is any indication, these are the #1 brands for the Nu-snob.

All the luxury type brands have a snob appeal in one way or another, so we can strike those out.

Looking at the ''lowliest of the low'' brands (Chevy & Dodge, not part of the poll), there are a lot of flops but certain models are actually nice. The exiting Malibu LTZ with all the options, Cadillac engine & baseball glove seats... and that goes for the Saturn Aura as well. You could almost call those the poor man's German cars.

'11+ Dodge Durangos & Jeep Grand Cherokees are nice no matter the trim.

Agree with the Ford F-150 King Ranch trucks. Same goes for the Harley Davidson trim.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:35 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
If this board is any indication, these are the #1 brands for the Nu-snob.

All the luxury type brands have a snob appeal in one way or another, so we can strike those out.

Looking at the ''lowliest of the low'' brands (Chevy & Dodge, not part of the poll), there are a lot of flops but certain models are actually nice. The exiting Malibu LTZ with all the options, Cadillac engine & baseball glove seats... and that goes for the Saturn Aura as well. You could almost call those the poor man's German cars.

'11+ Dodge Durangos & Jeep Grand Cherokees are nice no matter the trim.

Agree with the Ford F-150 King Ranch trucks. Same goes for the Harley Davidson trim.
I was also thinking of saturnn and mercury but since they are both gone....

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point

VW owners has some of the most stuck up people driving them. Lexus/Acura/Honda the same thing. The reason you don't see any snobs driving Buicks and Caddys is because they are usually of an older generation.
Ok I wish to add the 1989 pontiac grand am as the nicest car on the road that is low key, but it has to be real, with plastic cladding.

Actually the last couple pontiacs were getting kind of nice.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Voted for Infiniti. Virtually all european cars have snobby customers, so I went with Japanese luxury and Infiniti in my opinion has less snobs then Lexus. Infinities look better then Cadillacs btw.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 AM

458 posts, read 1,249,268 times
And the winner of your question isn't even on the list.

Volkswagen.

Basically the same interiors as an Audi. Hard to have a "snob" appearance when you're driving a VW which is essentially saying "I want to drive a German car but I couldn't afford an Audi or BMW".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold
Stuck up VW and HONDA owners? You are really stretching it here man. Hard to have a snob appearance driving a "low tier" brand. There's so many of them on the road that you can't really label their owners.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
I agree that many VW owners have an inflated perception of their cars. I've known a few that have considered them the superior alternative to the Corolla/Civic (Jetta) and the Camry/Accord (Passat). When I was younger and went to local car meets the Golf/Jetta guys would swear up and down that their cars were infinitely better than the competition.

I voted Hyundai because there are few cars that say to the world that you want to drive in comfort/luxury yet could care less about the badge than the Genesis Sedan and particularly the Equus. The Equus doesn't exactly cost small bucks at least until you consider what you're getting in return (just saw a used 2011 with 25k miles selling for $41k).

Last edited by iTsLiKeAnEgG; 10-10-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive