Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2014, 07:31 PM

1,996 posts, read 4,767,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Who comes up with these type of questions it's like saying what type of TP different races use. Witch is we're this question should be.

In this case the majority of the stereotypes are true. Depending on what part of the country you live in, it can vary, but for the most part, I agree with many peoples post regarding certain races/ethnicities and their vehicle of choice. I don't care for being PC, this is coming from my eyes, everyday on the roadways in CA.

Lower/Middle Class Whites: Fords, especially their pickups, Dodge, Chevy, Buick, some imports, but not too many as a lot of these types of people have this extreme hardcore American pride in them that they won't even consider a Toyota or whatever foreign car brand because of their political beliefs.

Upper Middle Class Whites: All the luxury Imports, Euro and Japanese. Even Buick, Chrysler, Cadillac and so forth.

Asians: Mainly Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan and Honda. The well to do love Mercedes and BMW.

Eastern European, Russian, Ukrainian, Czech /Middle Eastern: Toyota (they act like a Camry is the god of cars) Mercedes, BMW, Audi, basically anything that is European or Japanese. They will never drive an American car for the simple fact that a good amount of these folks don't like America and Americans. I don't think I've ever seen anyone of this decent drive an American car.

Hispanics: They drive almost anything they can buy for super cheap. But Chevy (GM brands) they prefer mostly and the old 80's and early 90's beat up Toyota pickups are extremely popular with the gardners. Old Honda Accords, Civics are another vehicle of choice for them.

Blacks: Old Cadillac's, Dodge Chargers, Magnums, Chrysler 300's, old Jaguars, old BMW's and Mercedes, big SUV's. Never really see a black guy in a pickup truck. They also drive anything and everything, but they definitely prefer the bigger cars that they can slap big rims on, and ghettofly out.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:35 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCT TE 144-1 View Post
If it won't roll smoke out of the wheel wells on demand or run like a raped ape and scream......you're just a girly man with a wimp POS ride!
Meh. My Jeep won't do any of those things, but I bet it would crawl over most things that do.

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 11-23-2014 at 11:47 PM..

Old 11-24-2014, 10:03 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,986,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Seems to be that way. For one reason or another white folks seem to love Subaru's, Volvos, and pickup trucks. Blacks seem to love Cadillacs and the dogde/chrysler line of 300's and magnums. Jews seem to love mini vans and large luxury vehicles. Asians tend to stick with Japanese made vehicles. Latin people dont seem to have a specific type and will drive pretty much anything.

Your thoughts?
Yes. I have mirrored your observations except I know no Jews, so I can't comment there. Mexicans tend to prefer minivans and trucks (typically stuff like S10, F150, Nissan Frontier, etc.).

Some vehicles transcend race, though. Camaro, Mustang, and a few others.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:58 AM

4,316 posts, read 4,203,050 times
Seen several blacks drive pickups in NYC. Especially those in the construction trades.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:44 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
What I've observed in north Texas:

People of all ages and races drive Lexuses, depending on the model/trim/age. Ditto older Toyotas and Hondas.

Ford sedans: Mostly white people.
Buicks: Mostly older white people.
Toyota Prius: White and Asian people under 50.
Toyota Camry: Whites, Asians, and Indians.
Kia (all models): No pattern.
Hyundai (all models): No pattern.
Nissan (all models): No pattern.
Chevrolet sedans: Most whites and Hispanics.
Cadillacs: Mostly older white people.
Infiniti: Indians and black people.
BMW: No pattern.
Mercedes: No pattern.
VW: Mostly whites and Asians under 50.
Lexus crossover SUV: White women under 50.

Around here if you pass a beat-up Ford or Chevrolet pickup truck or any GMC/Chevy Suburban with a custom paint job or dents in it, you can almost guarantee that it's being driven by a Latino. Ditto for older minivans of any make/model.

Again, this is just what I've noticed in this area. YMMV.

As for me...skinny white Jew under 40. I drive a Prius.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:18 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Around here anytime you see someone in a normal model BMW or Benz they are white. However, if it's an "M" or an AMG model, the driver is almost always black. I just find that interesting.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:32 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
If you were to bring this conversation up in a bar it's a good way to get your butt kicked.

Old 11-24-2014, 06:59 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,386,038 times
If the rims/sound system cost more than the car, the driver is black. Guarantee it.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:03 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,122 times
Do I own a japanese car because I'm part asian?

Do I own an american truck because I'm part white?

I've also owned a german car that was made manufactured in Brazil, not sure what that implies...

Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,282,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
If the rims/sound system cost more than the car, the driver is black. Guarantee it.

I'm not black and have had cars with wheels and sound systems worth more than the basic car/truck I started with. Your assertion is false. Starting with a cheap car left more money in the budget for fun stuff and customization, and I much prefer to have a custom car that I modified than a slightly more expensive stock one that I didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.