Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I don't care if the car is safe and reliable I'm just not interested in men whose automobiles are older than 3-4 years old.
And this one, hell, its a 1961 Ferrari, makes it 52 yrs old. And only worth $10.9 million.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
And this one, hell, its a 1961 Ferrari, makes it 52 yrs old. And only worth $10.9 million.
Ferris Bueller painted Cameron's father's car black?

Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,834,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Ferris Bueller painted Cameron's father's car black?
Yes, and he's PISSED!!

Old 10-31-2012, 12:57 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Because it usually says a lot about the man and his status in society. It proves that he has financial stability which is a major plus when seeking a potential mate.
Man. My 10 year old Explorer musta been a chick repellent...and me, a dirty 1%er.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:57 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
This is the Automotive forum. The question from the Op in this forum needs to apply to 4 wheeled, self propelled, transportation devices. All other comments will be deleted. Personal attacks will be deleted. If you want to talk dating, we have a forum for that. If you want to talk finances, we have a forum for that. Here in this forum we talk cars, we talk trucks, we will allow talking about how those devices make or break our dating life, as seems to be the intent of this thread. If you want your comments to stick, make sure that they relate to owning, driving, financing, purchasing, maintaining, or liking cars and trucks.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:58 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Can we move it back over there? I have no idea why it was put over here.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
This thread actually started off in the Relationships forum and that is probably the most appropriate forum in which to discuss the OP's original question since the question involves not just opinions of cars.

(permanently exits thread)

ETA: OP quoted for confirmation of my opinion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I bought my 2003 Nissan Altima almost 4 years ago, paid $11k for it in March 2009 at 57k miles, it now has about 121,500 miles (yes I drive a LOT) I wash my car 4 times a month, and wax it twice a month. I also keep the interior vacuumed and have "vent sticks" air fresheners in the "Black Ice" scent. Its got a few dents and scratches but it runs beautifully, is good on gas, and I've never had anything major go wrong with it yet, other then blowing a few speakers (Thanks LMFAO)

The other day after work, a very good looking girl had wanted to apprach me but then stopped before she could even initiate any conversation and said "Oh my God, you drive THAT?" as if it were the most repulsing thing she had seen in her life.

Considering I spend so much time and money on the upkeep of my car, I was a bit insulted and replied with "Yeah, do you have a problem with my car?" and she said "Yeah, I thought you were really cute and I wanted to talk to you, but I'm sorry I can't be seen with a guy in a car like yours, don't your parents own a BMW or Mercedes you can borrow?" I told her no and that my family wasn't rich like hers (I work in a grocery store in a VERY wealthy area) and I got into my car and drove home for the day

Now ladies, does it matter to you, even just a little what kind of car your man drives? If not, does it matter how clean its kept, running right, reliable?

Does "THAT" car below look like junk to you?

Old 10-31-2012, 02:44 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,738,739 times
We were married for about five years when my wife asked me what kind of a car she has.
I said, "It's a Honda, my dear."
"I know that, but it's a Civic or an Accord?"
"Why do you need to know?"
"Someone at work asked me today," she said. "So, what is it?"
"It's a Civic," I told her. "You can look at the trunk emblem right next to the Honda emblem, if you don't believe me."
"Oh," she said, "it's not a big deal."
As you can tell, she is really into cars.
One year just before Christmas I told her that one of her presents would be a set of tires for her car.
She looked at me kindly and said: "I thought the car already had tires when we bought it 3 years ago."

Old 10-31-2012, 02:45 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
We were married for about five years when my wife asked me what kind of a car she has.
"It's a Civic," I told her. "Just look at the trunk emblem right next to Honda, if you don't believe me."
One year just before Christmas I told her that one of her presents would be a set of new tires for her car.
She looked at me kindly and said: "I thought the car already had tires when we bought it 3 years ago."
Have mercy......

Old 10-31-2012, 02:47 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
"It's a Civic," I told her. "Just look at the trunk emblem right next to Honda, if you don't believe me."
One year just before Christmas I told her that one of her presents would be a set of new tires for her car.
This cannot be a real story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive