Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,883,192 times

Advertisements

Meh, don't worry about them. If they want to bring their attention to the police, then that's their choice. I'd like to see these cars take a corner or evasive maneuver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,001 times

the saddest part is this: the Generation 5 Camaro is so obese and bulky, that those ridiculous wheels dont even look that bad as far as perportionality (if that's a word). i've always said, the new Camaros remind me of the new Tahoes.

anyway, as for the original question of why people do this - maybe i'm just cynical, but when i hear (or read) someone asking that question, i always just assume that "because black people are stupid" is the answer that they're looking for.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Cars like that are a manifestation of LOW SELF-ESTEEM. These guys are worthless little losers whose parents wish they'd never been born. And they know they've never been anything but trouble and embarrassment. They've known it since they were four or five. As a survival mechanism, they've bought into an upside-down fantasy world (and a subculture full of 'men' like themselves), where good is bad, and bad is good, and being an F'tard is 'Cool'.

All that is fine. Not hurting anybody (OK, well, one of those things makes a neighborhood look scummy, even when it's just being driven down the street). But those cars also tend to be manifestations of the drivers' HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY DISORDER, and their NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER.

Their HPD leads them to seek attention at any price. Their NPD causes them to have no concern for the well-being of others. So, they drive around with "performance exhaust systems" waking people up, and with those boom-car Donkmobiles thumpin'... ruining other people's lives, and destroying property values

I must confess that If I had any power, I'd be rounding people like that up, and implementing a rather Stalinistic solution to their existence.
rightly or wrongly, alot of what is said in the above statement will be construed as racism. and it certainly has an aire of anger that is commonly found in racists, but facts is facts. i think there is a lot of cold hard truth in the above statement.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
PDD PDD started this thread

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post

the saddest part is this: the Generation 5 Camaro is so obese and bulky, that those ridiculous wheels dont even look that bad as far as perportionality (if that's a word). i've always said, the new Camaros remind me of the new Tahoes.

anyway, as for the original question of why people do this - maybe i'm just cynical, but when i hear (or read) someone asking that question, i always just assume that "because black people are stupid" is the answer that they're looking for.
Since I was the OP,
The top of my Mustang came up to the door sil of the Camaro so I couldn't see the driver. Had no idea if he was a she or it they were black or white.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Since I was the OP,
The top of my Mustang came up to the door sil of the Camaro so I couldn't see the driver. Had no idea if he was a she or it they were black or white.
welp, it is primarilly a black phenomenon. i thought this was generally understood.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,775,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post

I was driving back from Charlotte in my 12 Mustang GT when a red Camaro pulled up along side of me at a stop light. I could not see the driver because all I could see was the side of his car and all I could do was laugh. I guess he thought he was showing me something really cool but all I thought was how hideous his car looked.

I don't know if this was the same car but it did look very similar.
People do this because they're insecure and unhappy. Such modifications to a vehicle are meant to attract attention only, because they are not cheap nor are they practical. There are TONS of those cars where I live and you should see how they approach the ditches in the road. (Gotta love Texas. It never rains but it pours... so there are drainage ditches all along the road!)

The drivers have to go line 0.005 mph over those ditches because their paper-thin tires and zero-tolerance suspensions would cause the car to shake all over the place and "bottom out". So, obviously it isn't for practical purposes.

Given the extreme expense of these modifications, it's obviously an attention-grabbing scheme and an effortless way to brag about your material possessions. People who feel the need to do either or both of those are unhappy and insecure people.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM

2,983 posts, read 4,622,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Its a southern black thing. Looks extremely stupid in my opinion. If you want a tall car why not just get a truck?
If it was a truck it would be lowered to the point of being a useless POS.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Clown wheels. We don't see them much in PA any more because the potholes in winter destroy them pretty quickly.
Lowriders, ridiculously raised 4X4s, ricers, clown cars are everywhere.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM

1,900 posts, read 5,905,247 times
They are actually surprisingly popular in SE MI. The OP's photo was taken on West Eight Mile across from the Detroit city limits, in the parking lot of this ghetto custom car place: Car Customizing

Funnier yet, and much more common, are the cars with the "24" emblems with stock wheels.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 PM

654 posts, read 3,456,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Its a southern black thing. Looks extremely stupid in my opinion. If you want a tall car why not just get a truck?
Not really, they exist here up north too. I've seen them on a Lincoln Town car near one place I go to for work each day. Who knows maybe the extra height will give them clearance over the snow in the winter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive