Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:23 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times

Advertisements

Here's another one I'm sure most of you experienced. You're stuck behind 2 motorists that are driving side by side at a slower speed, and you can't pass them, then you approach a traffic light that's been green and is about to change. When it does turn yellow, both motorists ahead of you speed up and go through the intersection, but you end up having to stop because the light turned red!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 01:34 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Here's another one I'm sure most of you experienced. You're stuck behind 2 motorists that are driving side by side at a slower speed, and you can't pass them, then you approach a traffic light that's been green and is about to change. When it does turn yellow, both motorists ahead of you speed up and go through the intersection, but you end up having to stop because the light turned red!
lol

Yes, I cannot stand that either! lol

Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Here's mine.

You see my turn signal go on, you speed up. I miss my opportunity to get in the left lane and turn left into my neighborhood, thereby avoiding the upcoming long light.

You go straight after waiting at the long light, while I wait 5 minutes for a green arrow.

Also -- the guy who blocks an intersection because of a red light a block ahead, totally stopping anybody who might want to turn into the shopping center from getting in.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:03 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
My biggest gripe is left-lane hogs. I can't stand people who drive in the left lane for no apparent reason and give you two choices: a) drive at whatever speed they pick, or b) break the law and create unpredictable behavior patterns by passing them on the right.

As for tailgaters, Saab was kind enough to equip my car with rear fog lights. So whenever I get a tailgater, I just flip those puppies on. The tailgater thinks he's getting brake-checked and invariably backs off. Not to mention those things are just uncomfortably bright. I don't even know if rear fog lights are legal in Illinois.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
BUT....at least you're out from behind them and leading the new pack

Old 10-12-2007, 06:07 PM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
The biggest peeve I would have to admit is people with that thunderous bass. They rattle my windows and make it hard to hear my own stereo. I lke to crank mine up occaisionally too but at least its just a stock, not modified one. And I dont crank it up so much as to go around with blown speakers...ever hear those people who blast their stereos...or at least think theyre blasting them, and the speakers are blown? Whats it proving?The distortion, geeze!
What annoys me too, is people riding your tail. Im already doing 80 in a 65 mph zone, and the ride my tail like some lost dog. The irony is, you ride my tail like that and I have to downshift for something rather than use my brakes (and nothing says I have to do so), and you hit me, you better be prepared for the lawsuit. I'll go for the max.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:07 PM

49 posts, read 91,493 times
The one thing I hate more than anything is people who are getting into a turn lane to turn take 500 ft just to get into the lane, and brake, so your stuck in your lane going 20 because some ******** doesnt know how to get his ass over into the turn lane!

I also hate people who drive the speed limit or below it, there should be a little "+10" under each speed limit in the city and a "+15' on the freeways.

And to those of you who are complaining about the bass, roll your windows up and ignore it if you don't like it, which is hard to understand why anyone wouldnt like loud bass.

And typically people who have subs have good speakers, with good mids and highs so you can hear the music better over the bass.

Ill admit, some people do have theirs up a little high, but those are typiclaly little mexican wannabe thugs, with crappy equipment.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:16 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
And to those of you who are complaining about the bass, roll your windows up and ignore it if you don't like it, which is hard to understand why anyone wouldnt like loud bass.

And when you're my age you will, like me, be deaf because of it. Enjoy it while you can...

Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhh View Post

And to those of you who are complaining about the bass, roll your windows up and ignore it if you don't like it, which is hard to understand why anyone wouldnt like loud bass......
I could hear the annoying bass with that RAP/Hip hop, EVEN when the windows are rolled up! I can't see the point of those people cranking up their audio system so everyone else within a block could hear it!

Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 PM

30 posts, read 133,401 times
What makes me angry is people who turn without using the turn signal. Its VERY annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive