Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,020,576 times

Advertisements

I was driving around in rush hour traffic in St. Petersburg, FL yesterday, and it hit me, "I like this!", all these busy people around me, I'm checking out there cars, they're checking out my car. The car commercials always show people racing down secluded roads, but that looks lonely to me. I love it when the roads or interstates are packed with cars but it's still moving. I feel like I'm in civilization. I just gently cruise in my Grand Marquis and let everybody go around me. Now granted the traffic isn't bad here compared with major cities.

I think I'd like living in Los Angeles or it's inland cousin, Phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,082,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I was driving around in rush hour traffic in St. Petersburg, FL yesterday, and it hit me, "I like this!", all these busy people around me, I'm checking out there cars, they're checking out my car. The car commercials always show people racing down secluded roads, but that looks lonely to me. I love it when the roads or interstates are packed with cars but it's still moving. I feel like I'm in civilization. I just gently cruise in my Grand Marquis and let everybody go around me. Now granted the traffic isn't bad here compared with major cities.

I think I'd like living in Los Angeles or it's inland cousin, Phoenix.
I'm not sure how traffic conditions are where you live but I can't say I share the same enthusiasm for dense traffic. Driving from San Francisco to San Jose is a 40min drive with light traffic (at night for instance). This easily turns into a two and a half hour drive during rush hour. It may depend on whether or not you have somewhere to be in a timely manner. Driving in traffic for two hours to get to work and worrying about a car accident that will hold up traffic another hour is a bit frustrating.

Last edited by iTsLiKeAnEgG; 11-14-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,131,224 times
Quote:
I just gently cruise in my Grand Marquis and let everybody go around me.
This would make you part of the problem.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,020,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFP View Post
This would make you part of the problem.
What problem? We're just a bunch of motorists joyfully sharing the road together. Oh, I forgot to say, I'm on a high dose of Zoloft.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
What problem? We're just a bunch of motorists joyfully sharing the road together. Oh, I forgot to say, I'm on a high dose of Zoloft.
If you're moving at a rate that requires other motorists to move around you then you are part of the traffic problem.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:03 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
If you're moving at a rate that requires other motorists to move around you then you are part of the traffic problem.
If he's in the right lane then there's no problem.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
If he's in the right lane then there's no problem.
Can't fault that.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM

2,086 posts, read 4,131,224 times
Quote:
Oh, I forgot to say, I'm on a high dose of Zoloft.
In that case, keep feeling the joy and have a good cruise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive