Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 09:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times

Advertisements

If you drive your car 40 k a year for your job I expect you are paid mileage. If so get whatever you want.

If I were looking for a sports car I would look for an extate sale 'vett or something like a well built FF Dayrona Coup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 7,652 times
I was interested in the Challenger (RT because of manual transmission) back in June. Tried all 3 (manual transmission). The camaro is a rolling coffin - huge blind spots- and I will never drive this thing again.

The challenger was nice but I got the mustang. It was cheaper (and I have the base V6 car with 19' rims and manual transmission), still pretty roomy (no problem with the car seat for a 1 yo) and had the least amount of blind spots (mirrors come with 2nd smaller "blind spot" mirrors). I also recently moved 1500 miles away with the car loaded, it was very comfortable and the V6 was very responsive on the road. I do not regret my choice. The 2013 mustang looks pretty cool too with the new rear lights

PS: 3 people, including a child, in the car is the best you can do - the is no leg room whatsoever behind me as the driver, just enough for the car seat and baby behind the passenger. During the 1500-mile trip I was alone with the rear seats down to fit some pieces of luggage.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
My buddy has a v6 Mustang, it moves pretty good. 305hp in any car is no joke. The Mustang GTs of the 80's & 90's only had 225hp.

I like the Challenger, I like the size & the looks of it. I think you can get the challenger v6 with a manual tranmisson which would make that a very good combo. Dodge also offers very nice lease deals from time to time.
As far as I know you have to get a V8 if you want a challenger with manual transmission (RT model, $30,000+) - this is the main reason why I chose the mustang over the challenger (though I am very very pleased with my decision 6 months and 6500 miles later). I also saved 6000 bucks. Unless the V6 model existed with standard transmission before 2013 of course, which would require purchasing a used car.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Get the one you like the best. Performance wise, you will not likely notice or even ever experience the difference. They all have more power than you will ever use.

the Challenger has practical back seats and a useable trunk. The Camaro has a neat retro look, useless back seats and limited visibility.

The Mustang has useless back seats fewer visibility problems tiny bit better performance and might have fewer QC problems, but it is the least comfortable of the three IMO and has a worn out look.

I have always been a Camaro person, but I think I would choose the Challenger of the three. It is the best looking, most comfortable, the rear seats and trunk are practical and useful, and it comes in cool colors. Plus the engine is made a few miles from my house. That does not really mean anything, but it has appeal to me. I also like challenger because it is less common. Camaros are moderately common and mustangs are pretty much in every fifth driveway. Besides, our high school bully (who whooped my tail when I stole his girlfriend) drove a mustang, so I am prejudiced against them. (Actually if anything turned me sour on Mustangs it was the late 70s and early 80s garbage they produced and then took forever to get back to a decent car.)

If you are getting a 6 then performance is not the be all and end all of your consideration, so look to whatever is next most important to you (usually appearance or comfort).

I have to agree with that except for the useless seats in the mustangs. They are only almost useless but work for kids . The 2013 look is nicer than previous models (not sure what changed beside the rear lights from 2012), and yes I see mustangs everywhere. But if you want a V6 with manual transmission it limits the choices.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,230,715 times
It's only on the highway V8 are better than V6

Off the line V6 are better

Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,872,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcozA View Post
I have to agree with that except for the useless seats in the mustangs. They are only almost useless but work for kids . The 2013 look is nicer than previous models (not sure what changed beside the rear lights from 2012), and yes I see mustangs everywhere. But if you want a V6 with manual transmission it limits the choices.
Front end is different too. I think the 13's look better then the 10-12's

Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
It's only on the highway V8 are better than V6

Off the line V6 are better

Thats some funny stuff right there...

Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Thats some funny stuff right there...
Have you not driven any modern V6 cars?

They're fast, smooth and fairly fuel efficient.

Around town driving and the occasional sprint you'd be much better if with a modern V6 which is pulling power in excess of 340HP in naturally aspirated form!

V8's obviously have more power, but you never have enough space to use all the power!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:24 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Have you not driven any modern V6 cars?

They're fast, smooth and fairly fuel efficient.

Around town driving and the occasional sprint you'd be much better if with a modern V6 which is pulling power in excess of 340HP in naturally aspirated form!

V8's obviously have more power, but you never have enough space to use all the power!
Theres not much out there that I havent driven.
Not saying the v6 isnt totally sufficient, but better than the v8.. umm no. I dont think hes doing strictly Manhatten stop n go driving.

Over 340 hp?? Thought the v6 Mustangs were rated 305 at crank, which would be closer to 260 at the wheels...

Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Theres not much out there that I havent driven.
Not saying the v6 isnt totally sufficient, but better than the v8.. umm no. I dont think hes doing strictly Manhatten stop n go driving.

Over 340 hp?? Thought the v6 Mustangs were rated 305 at crank, which would be closer to 260 at the wheels...
Hyundai Genesis has a 3.8L V6 which makes 348HP

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive