Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 04:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Yeah typical American they always have more power and yet somehow they've always slower! What trash, no wonder when I was in Calofornia I saw many many more Toyota's, Honda's & Lexus compared to hardly any American brands. They're smart enough to know that Anerican cars just don't cut it.

I stopped reading when you stated that the Lexus is FWD HAHAHHAAAAA!!
It's RWD, is much better balanced and will handle much better than what your Mustang or Camero ever will.

Still using live axle the Mustang? LMAO
Please go open a "I wish my Lexus had a vagina so I could hump it" thread or something instead of perpetually hijacking this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,498,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I can post pictures of all the NASCAR stock cars, all running 9" Ford live axles. All the front engined American cars running current and vintage Trans Am series. All the competitive Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers running vintage race series are all running solid rears most of them Ford rears including the Camaros and Challengers.
Get out to the vintage races and you will see plenty of these cars.
You will not see them on the highway or the local car show circuit.

BTW right at LRP you will find plenty.
Gotya.. youre right.. theres thousands running around there... but certainly not 90% of the race cars on American road courses... but plenty of them none the less...

BTW.... OP Did you purchase yet!?!? lol

Old 12-17-2012, 04:25 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Yeah typical American they always have more power and yet somehow they've always slower! What trash, no wonder when I was in Calofornia I saw many many more Toyota's, Honda's & Lexus compared to hardly any American brands. They're smart enough to know that Anerican cars just don't cut it.

It's RWD, is much better balanced and will handle much better than what your Mustang or Camero ever will.

Other than reliability, why on earth would I want an IS350 over a mustang? Can you tell me what the appeal is ? I'm in my 20's, not my 50's, 60's so forth.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
Gotya.. youre right.. theres thousands running around there... but certainly not 90% of the race cars on American road courses... but plenty of them none the less...

BTW.... OP Did you purchase yet!?!? lol
Did I say American road courses because I meant American cars on American road courses. So that eliminates all the Japanese and German cars you see on road courses.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Other than reliability, why on earth would I want an IS350 over a mustang? Can you tell me what the appeal is ? I'm in my 20's, not my 50's, 60's so forth.
Hey us old guys like Mustangs too especially 5.0 6 speeds. My kids drive old mens cars. 4 dr. sedans

Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:

do your homework, son, cause you sure are clueless. for the price of the almightky lexus, you can buy a live axle boss 302 and this car will absolutely trach the crap Lexus on ANY track.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Hey us old guys like Mustangs too especially 5.0 6 speeds. My kids drive old mens cars. 4 dr. sedans
Hey, you're the kind of people I'd admire, I agree about mustangs.

Never said I was against the mustang, it's actually my favorite of the 3. I was asking the poster why he thinks an old persons car like IS350 is a superior car even though he hasn't backed up his claims.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:05 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
I feel like I'm arguing with a 14 year old kid for crying out loud; you probably aren't old enough to BUY a car!

because you ARE. He is a kid..its obvious

Old 12-17-2012, 06:41 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Quote:

I'll bet the OP is sorry they ever came here looking for an opinion.
+1.....for a while I had to question, if I was reading a friendly internet chat forum, or did I accidentally turn on a soap opera. From the looks of it, it's the latter.

Popcorn anyone?

Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3;

It's funny because Car And Driver tested the new 5.0 against a BMW M3 & the Mustang was just as fast. So much for your live axle drivel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive