Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 AM

3,483 posts, read 9,015,001 times

Advertisements

Get the Mercedes man, you'll love it! It'll possibly be the best decision you've ever made...Heck, I got to take one around the Nurburgring, it was amazing. C63 AMG with the supercharged V8....Oooooh, very fast, great get up and go, brakes that would put you into the dash if the automatically retracting seatbelts hadn't sucked you back into the seat...the most amazing vehicle I've ever been in, being pushed to the absolute extremes of it's capabilities...

ever get air born in a $80,000 car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 11:16 AM

161 posts, read 634,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Most of the gold diggers I have encountered actually look for current Mercedes, and then it's generally the SL, SLS, and AMGs that would get a second glance. That is, until they find someone with a better car. So, I don't think you'll have a problem with a previous generation C-Class, unless, of course, said ladies happen to be Mercedes techs and want to give you their business card.
be realistic i can't afford that for a first car if i get that for a first car i think it will be one of the better first cars people get.

Maybe after i graduate college i can get a nice mercedes like a CL or a SL. But to be honest im not that bright at school so im hoping i make it.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:19 AM

1,037 posts, read 3,161,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokeman View Post
be realistic
lol

Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,226,363 times
Quote:
be realistic i can't afford that for a first car if i get that for a first car i think it will be one of the better first cars people get.

Maybe after i graduate college i can get a nice mercedes like a CL or a SL. But to be honest im not that bright at school so im hoping i make it.
hmmm

Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,392,886 times
Quote:

I'm confused. In the insurance thread you started, you stated that you had 4 cars, and a Mercedes. So, is this a second Mercedes? If so, then why do you need opinions if you already own one? You should know the costs.

I am being realistic -- gold diggers are not going to be attracted to an older Benz. Most normal women, however, will care that you have a car, any car, so long as it's clean and doesn't leave you stranded when you go out on a date.

Stay in school, use the money for tutoring or whatnot, if you need it, not spending it on an older German car. When you graduate and get a decent job, then you can have some fun with cars, but I would not sacrifice a future to buy one now. And, that's sincere, and in all seriousness. Buy a Saturn for $2k if you need transportation, not financing a Benz that will not hold its value and whose operating costs will exceed the purchase price in short order.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-20-2012, 02:54 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,286,982 times
Quote:
2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class - Used Car Brockton MA | Avon Auto Brokers

2005 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Used Car Brockton MA | Avon Auto Brokers

the problem i have is that my dad said it would cost 3,000 a year for insurance idk if thats true or not but they look nice and the milles are low.

High cost to repair is the biggest reason to avoid them

Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
how does the OP plan to drive it in the winter since the Rims will suffer from corrosion and he will have to buy a set of 18" steel rims with a set of full on winter tires to save the original MB Rims.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM

161 posts, read 634,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
how does the OP plan to drive it in the winter since the Rims will suffer from corrosion and he will have to buy a set of 18" steel rims with a set of full on winter tires to save the original MB Rims.
4matic= one of the best cars you will see in snow.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:21 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
Quote:
4matic= one of the best cars you will see in snow.
not on summer only performance tires it will be horrible in the snow...

Not to mention the corrosion the factory Alloy Rims will face with all the salt they will come into contact with during the winter.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,392,886 times
4Matic = $Matic after the warranty expires. And, they handle fine in snow, but not as good as Audi's Quattro or Subaru.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive