Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

OMGWTFBBQ! Look at how dangerous and reckless they are!!
Note that they never are shown splitting lanes with traffic moving at 50 mph or more however.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,013 times
Motorcyclists are like bicyclists in that they want to be respected on the road but when it comes to them breaking the law due to their smaller size, they are fine with that. If some motorcyclist creates their own lane by going between moving cars in adjacent lanes and then gets hurt in a wreck, they have no one to blame but themselves. I am not about to move left or right to cut them off but have no sympathy if they crash and burn due to this illegal activity...

Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,673,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCountryTrip View Post
A rider knocks off your mirror in gridlock traffic? I've got some bad news for you man, he isn't stopping. And good luck trying to chase him in gridlock traffic or get his license plate in the .2 seconds it took for him to pass you. Let me know how that works out for you.
That would be irresponsible of the rider, now wouldn't it be? Having an accident and not stopping? That's leaving the scene and not taking responsibility for your accident. That's a hit and run. Pulling a hit and run is still considered irresponsible, right?

Irresponsible is not the same thing as not responsible.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:36 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Motorcyclists are like bicyclists in that they want to be respected on the road but when it comes to them breaking the law due to their smaller size, they are fine with that. If some motorcyclist creates their own lane by going between moving cars in adjacent lanes and then gets hurt in a wreck, they have no one to blame but themselves. I am not about to move left or right to cut them off but have no sympathy if they crash and burn due to this illegal activity...

Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 PM

156 posts, read 313,175 times
I'm surprised at all the rage aimed at bikers.

All that mini-van and clumsy truck driving must cause a massive amount of jealous envy in some cagers.

Aside from the loud fart can muffler on SOME bikes(optional), most bikes aren't shoving cars off the road, slowing traffic, or causing deadly accidents. It's not like the bike is that much of an annoyance considering how un-common they are in the states.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
This thread seems to be going no where. Lane splitting is legal in California and one other state I heard. In California it is allowed when other cars are driving under the speedlimit. No where in the code does it say that you can lane split at 100 mph. No where in the code does it say that you are allowed to break the law by speeding. If you have a problem with those that break the law no worries, the State of California does as well.

CLOSED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive