Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 11:21 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
I just sat in the 2014 at the car show and it is a hatchback also my 370Z is a hatchback, it definitely offers more space than just a trunk

Another sporty hatchback which might surprise a few people.

2010 Nissan 370Z

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....iew_01_opt.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 11:21 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
I just sat in the 2014 at the car show and it is a hatchback also my 370Z is a hatchback, it definitely offers more space than just a trunk
This is a dreamy hatch......ahem, fastback I would like to have (I know some may think it is dorky looking or I am a douche):

Old 11-25-2013, 11:23 AM

7,010 posts, read 11,967,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
If you define your sense of masculinity by the type of vehicle you drive then poor you.

I often drive my daughter's small hatchback around.

Does it worry me?

I've got enough self esteem to not even think about it.
I thought everyone in England and most European countries drove a tiny hatchback?

Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 AM

16,655 posts, read 17,422,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
I thought everyone in England and most European countries drove a tiny hatchback?

Of course we do.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:39 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I like cargo pants because I like the versatility of extra pockets to carry some extra stuff in and back pockets with a wallet in are not great to sit in. You know, I was wearing cargo pants back in the mid/late 1980s. I guess I'm a trend setter way ahead of my time.
My next car will be a hatchback for that reason. The versatility. Putting a lawn mower in the trunk of a sedan is a pain. Same with putting an air conditioner or piece of furniture in the back seat. Who cares if your car looks cool or not, give me function. I'm not some tool who has to drive a two door or huge SUV just for the image.

Old 11-25-2013, 01:16 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
Station wagon = long hatchback
SUV/CUV = tall hatchback

Old 11-25-2013, 01:22 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,467,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
This is a dreamy hatch......ahem, fastback I would like to have (I know some may think it is dorky looking or I am a douche):

Drooling.. Haha

Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Drooling.. Haha
Did you notice the "No parking" sign behind it?

Someone with great taste sure did put a lot of time and of course money into that car!

The more I review the Focus SE Hatchback, the more I like it and my Ford bias seems to be vanishing...

Old 11-26-2013, 01:27 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,623,395 times
Quote:
I really like the Mazda 3 but I am hearing really mixed reviews though. I checked out Kia Forte, nice looking on the outside but interior looking sort of cheap and the brand doesn't have any history to hint me that it is reliable.
I haven't heard mixed reviews of the Mazda3, I drive one. You'll love it, test drive one, trust me.

The Forte would be nice if only the hatchback existed. Which it doesn't.

Quote:
Hyundai Elantra GT/Accent hatchback looked OK but salesman kept saying Elantra GT over Accent. Price difference is not that much but supposedly Elantra has more noticeable power and also long-term functionality to it (not sure what he meant). I didn't test drive one because I am still biased towards the brand and I wasn't too excited about the feel or price tag.
Hyundai has the absolute worst dealer network around. Not for not being there, just for being terribly smarmy and prototypical-car-salesmen-like. The power is only noticable for its absence, the transmission is famously indecisive. On the upside, Hyundai tend not to die. Even though you wish it would. I owned an Elantra Touring and beat on it for 5 years.

Quote:
I have disliked Ford after owning two 80s models in the 90s and avoided the brand altogether but it seems they have improved their quality and style quite a bit. I liked the Focus hatchback looks a lot and now, I am considering it as well. That said, their mpg rating and price tag is a concern.
Tiny TINY back seat, as in not usable, really. Overall it's nice enough, liked the steering, liked the cockpit, hated the transmission. The engine is OK, but Mazda's engine is a lot better.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:42 PM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
my GTI hatchback is the best!!!

Lots of leg room in the front. MASSIVE trunk, you can fit just anything in it!
Lots of fun up and down the canyons with the paddle shifters.
Even though it is as spacey as an SUV, the gas mileage is great, I get up to 36 mpg.

And the best of all - even though it is super convenient, it looks and drives like a sports car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive