U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 AM

11,116 posts, read 17,485,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post
Anyone with a truck who doesn't actually use it to work. And the bigger the truck, the more of an ******* driver they are. Those with dual tires may be a threat to your life.

Any teenager who drives an SUV or other big vehicle.

About half of the AppalCart drivers in Boone. Of course they're in a hurry so it's somewhat understandable. If you're at a light when it turns green, check to make sure there's not a bus barreling through the red light.

NC Highway Patrol, especially the ones with Chargers. Without sirens they speed, cut people off, etc. Here's a good article - NC Highway Patrol averages 7 wrecks a week

Floridians. I know it's a stereotype, but in this case it's true. If there's any winter weather and you see a Florida license plate near you, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE.

I was just about to say the same! They're usually driving the Florida Barges;

1. Mercury Grand Marquis
2. Older Ford Crown Vic
3. Big ole' Buick
4. Older Lincoln Continental w/fabric roof
5. Any year big Cadillac

They stop at green lights, go through stop signs, and either take up two parking spots or park crooked. Beware.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 AM

6,040 posts, read 5,231,577 times
Toyota Corolla, all years.
Toyota Sienna, recent
±10 yr old large GM SUVs, like Suburbans and the lot.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 AM

219 posts, read 606,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
1. red dually pickup truck with rebel flag in rear window (I am passed by this guy, in no-passing zones on nearly a nightly basis).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Around here, the worst drivers are those with clapped-out cars of any make and model who have nothing to lose by playing bumper cars with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
In my area it’s pretty much anyone driving a Grand Am, Grand Prix, Alero or any other bastard GM FWD combination designed for alleged sportiness.
Agree so much ^^^ Especially the last quote because those cars always seem to be driven by high school kids who aren't good at driving yet and think they are driving the best sports cars made.

I'll add:

Jeep Cherokees - Mainly because they seem to be owned young, inexperienced drivers.

Old Buicks - Clueless old people

I also swear Dodge seems to attract more aggressive drivers than other makes.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:39 AM

20,870 posts, read 20,695,539 times
Corvettes - owners seem to have a thumb stuck up their you know what
Cadillacs - same
BMW's - same
Lifted trucks, dualies, and F-250's and higher - owners think they are big and tough and same as above
Cars, trucks, and Harleys with modified loud exhausts - just plain idiots

Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 AM

13,719 posts, read 28,042,426 times
Saturn (any) - always in the wrong lane, and going too slow
Full size vans, especially those with a ladder on the back - always going slow
Dodge (Ram) diesels - they sound like they are farting, and the drivers seem to like blowing smoke
Camry - I think most are on their 3rd Camry or more. They never look at another car when shopping. And of course they drive slow.
Lexus RX - almost always driven by women, and they are oblivious, putting on makeup while driving

Old 01-02-2013, 08:06 AM

10,422 posts, read 9,766,085 times
Soccer Mom's in a hurry in a min-van.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 AM

1,049 posts, read 2,142,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
4. All makes and models being driven by kids 21 and under. They think they know what they're doing, but in this day and age of cell phones, touchscreen navigation systems, loud stereos... They are some of the most distracted, least experienced drivers around.
This is why I think all kids should get old cars. Of the things you listed, I only have one of them (cell phone) but I simply lack the skill/stupidity needed to use it while driving. I'm accident free and have what may be a record low (for young drivers) one ticket (which came from the "7 wrecks a week" highway patrol, I may add). I always try to be a considerate driver.

NC has a law that kids under 18 absolutely cannot use their phone while driving, not to call or do anything else. I wish that was enforced a lot better, it would solve a lot of problems.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM

229 posts, read 352,532 times
The Santa Barbara Top 5 List:

1. Range Rover/Escalade Soccer Mom - Late for her Botox appointment, on her I-Phone, 3 kids in the back with I-pods to their ears. Runs red lights, doesn't even slow down at stop lights, parks in the handicap zone if she can't find a closer parking space to Norstroms.

2. BMW Babes - Young 'ladies' age 17 to 24. Daddy bought them a 3 Series BMW. They never pay attention to speed limits, stop signs or laws in general. They will park on the curb to get into Saks for a sale. Even in December, they are wearing a mini skirt so short the entire world could become their OB-GYN, coupled with their Ugg boots. They rack up about $400 in parking tickets. Luckily, they never check the oil or water, and tend to blow up these cars with less than 30,000 miles.

3. The Casa Dorinda/Valle Verde/Maravilla Retirement Residents - A plethora of aging Lincoln Town Cars, Cadillac DeVilles, Mercury Marquis, a few pristine Delta 88's and a Chrysler or two. Quite active from 3 to 5 pm, on their way to the Early Bird Special at The Treehouse, Denny's or Sizzler. Flawless old American cars meandering over the parkways and sidewalks at 12 mph. Flawless with the exception of the front and rear bumpers and the white walls and hubcaps.

4. The City College/UCSB Honda drivers - Slammed Civics and Accords, complete with 'murdered out' all black trim. Huge tail pipes, fiberglass hoods, rims that cost more than the car. Darting in and out of traffic on the 101 at 85 mph.

5. The newly arrived Los Angeles transplants - They don't understand the laid-back Santa Barbara lifestyle. BMW 7 series, Mercedes S or CLS class, a few Audi 8's and the occasional Bentley (all leased), driving 30 mph over posted speed limits, lane changes without turn signals, passing on residential streets, etc. The West LA New Money White Trash that invaded SB are not a welcome addition.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,447,545 times
Slow doesn't bother me, as long as its safe. Aggressive or careless driving bothers me, because they threaten my life.

As someone said before, entry level luxury cars are my pet peeve. I always look out for those. I'm not sure if its based on fact, but I remember hearing from a mechanic that you only want to buy the higher end luxury cars because they're usually driven by older, calmer drivers. The low end (BMW 3 series for example) are driven by aggressive young professionals. No bueno.

And I feel bad for saying this, but I think Toyotas, because they sell so many and have a good reputation, end up in the hands of a lot of people "fresh off the boat" and not used to driving in the US. Sometimes careless, sometimes aggressive, especially towards bicyclists.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 AM

2,575 posts, read 3,090,386 times
1. Nissan Maxima
2. BMW 3 series (drivers of 5 series and 7 series are OK surprisingly)
3. Honda Odyssey (They seem to prove their minivan can run)
4. Honda (in general)
5. Honda Civic (surprising entry but true - they seem to think they are driving BMW)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive