U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 AM

13,524 posts, read 19,704,719 times

Advertisements

In my experience: old-as-s Saturns!

Stay away. You've been warned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM

564 posts, read 1,378,823 times
My opinion for all-out worst: older, beat-up toyota corollas or anything similar overloaded with people going waay under the speed limit, merging onto the highway at 35 mph, making slow unsafe lane changes, etc.

Most aggressive seems to be Jetta drivers. Also younger women in compact SUVs with stickers of sandals on the back and a sorority license plate frame.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM

654 posts, read 1,373,954 times
Vehicle brands are irrelavant.

BST ..Big Stupid Trucks. ..oversized jacked up pick-ups that serve no purpose.

SUVs...waste of space

Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM

2,099 posts, read 3,194,826 times
I have a problem with people who only insist on buying Toyota's or Honda's because they have a neurotic misconception that all other cars are either:

1. More expensive
2. Are less reliable
3. Less "Green"
4. That GM's and Ford's are P.O.S.
5. Think they can do no wrong by buying a conservative car (less driving fun.)

This would have been a logical argument back circa 1995 but nowadays Toyota's are Honda's are no better than Hyundai, GM, Ford, etc. Espeically with all the recalls and safety risks on Toyota's part over the last 3-5 years.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 AM

654 posts, read 1,373,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
I have a problem with people who only insist on buying Toyota's or Honda's because they have a neurotic misconception that all other cars are either:

1. More expensive
2. Are less reliable
3. Less "Green"
4. That GM's and Ford's are P.O.S.
5. Think they can do no wrong by buying a conservative car (less driving fun.)

This would have been a logical argument back circa 1995 but nowadays Toyota's are Honda's are no better than Hyundai, GM, Ford, etc. Espeically with all the recalls and safety risks on Toyota's part over the last 3-5 years.
It's not neurotic..it's a fact.

I find the biggest knockers of Toyota have never owned one. I have owned Fords, Chryslers and GMs.

Will never buy another.

My next car might be a Hyundai.

As proven in court the "toyota horror stories" were not based on facts.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,004,908 times
I agree with the large trucks. They are usually driven by people who have no need for a truck, guys with ego issues and stay at home moms.

My second selection is crotch rockets. Most are dare-devils with no adherence to the laws of physics or man. They give the rest of the motorcyclists a bad name.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,247,568 times
These are in no particular order, they're all pretty bad.

1. non-turbo Subaru owners, they poke along at 62.5 MPH and think they're going fast.
2. Prius owners, they always seem to be either hypermiling or doing 90 and completely negating the whole hybrid thing
3. BMW drivers, they think they're doing NASCAR on the highway
4. Used Civic drivers, you know the ones, with a coffee can for a muffler, missing a bumper, and with that special spray-on Krylon flat-finish you so love to hate as you hope the pieces flying off of the car don't hit yours.
5. Jeep owners. You bought an off-road vehicle, get off the road already!

On the other hand, here's the five best:

1. Turbo Subaru owners, they actually know how to drive
2. Mazda owners, see above
3. Mercedes owners, not obnoxious, they just want to cruise along and listen to whatever they're doing in the lap of luxury
4. Smart owners, they're generally smart enough to drive something else.
5. Lexus owners, do you REALLY think that's not a Toyota?

Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 PM

3,726 posts, read 5,713,733 times
Not so much makes as types:
1. Pickup trucks, the larger the wheels the greater chance the driver is a jerk. Joe Six Pack types that speed, sit 18 inches off of your rear bumper while wearing a baseball cap on backwards are very often behind the wheel of pickups.

2. SUVs (tie)
2A. Vans (tie). Soccer mom and/or stressed out dad specials. Usually either screaming at their bratty kids or yakking on the cellphone bitchin about something to a friend in the same boat, in spite of laws against it. Drifts into the next lane or runs red lights and stop signs while doing one of above two things.

4. Luxury sedans. Have the idea that becuse they can afford and own such toys this somehow grants them the priviledge of the right of way over others that do not enjoy the same good fortune of what they feel is due them. Their attitude and rude driving states that they believe that their position and wealth entitles them to ignore common courtesy and the safety of other motorists, a rather "Get out of my way, I am somebody, you are not", mindset."

Best drivers?
Entry level family sedans or compact sedans.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,936,787 times
#5 Ferrari Enzo It's more car than most all playboy millionaires can handle. Most Enzos seem to end their lives in tiny pieces scattered across the highway.

#4 Ford Crown Victoria. Just because you are driving an ex cop car doesn't mean you can drive like a cop in hot pursuit.

#3 Any Dump Truck. Dump truck drivers all seem to be pissed that everyone is trying to pass them even though they are pushing their rig to the limits wherever they go. They never seem to realize they are leaving a hail of rocks and countless broken windshields behind them. A "not responsible for broken windshields" sign on the back is a sure sign you have a turd in control of 20 tons of steel and rocks moving at high speed.

#2 Dodge Ram pickups. You must correctly answer this question before a dealer will hand you the keys: "I am a slighlty overweight white 30's male with a goatee and am an ass hat driver: Yes/No"

#1 Old "fast and furious" wannabe Honda Civics. If I see one I avoid it like the plague, usually by passing it... in my beep-beep Nissan Versa.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM

10,426 posts, read 47,159,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxyman View Post
1. Toyota
2. Toyota
3. Toyota
4. Toyota
5. Toyota
Toyota Tundra to be more specific. What is it about those pick up trucks that apparently give people such an insecure scared feeling that causes them to drive so cautiously and dangerously slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive