U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 PM

2,194 posts, read 3,470,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It's time for some funny generalizations. This thread is meant to be funny and semi-serious. In your opinion, which cars have the worse drivers/owners. If you state a specific car then please indicate the years or generation of the vehicle. If you mean all generations then no further specifics need to be added. If someone names a car that you own then that would be funny.

I'll go first.

1. Nissan Maxima (2009-present):
2. Dodge Challenger (V6 model only)
3. Toyota Sienna
4. Honda Odyssey
5. Ford Mustang (Fifth generation)
Hi Yellow Jacket-

All right, I'll give this a whirl:

1) Honda Pilot, any year: Woman that's hell on wheels. Probably either on the phone and/or doing her makeup. Oblivious to anything around her, including lane markings and double yellow lines. To this day, I immediately go on alert when I pull up behind a Honda Pilot or one comes up in my mirrors.

2) Pontiac Grand Prix/Oldsmobile Alero/Buick Regal (1991-2004): These guys drive like tools because their car looks kind of sporty. But especially in the Grand Prix, the interior looks like it's been make from the same cheap plastic you get on lunch trays - and most times, the people drive these cars like they stole them. Sometimes, they're actually fast. Other times, the car looks like it's about to shatter into pieces.

3) Chevy Cavalier (1992-2005): GM went more than ten years without a single change to this car, as far as I can tell. Meaning that the driver is either a broke college student, soon to be white trash, or white trash. And in all cases, their radio is too loud to hear the horn blasting behind them because they drive like idiots.

I've had the misfortune of driving a Cavalier before, and I think I know why they keep their radio's so loud: it's so the driver doesn't hear the death rattles of the car coming apart around them.

4) Any car with a dent in the rear bumper corner (sometimes both corners): Woman driver. I guarantee it. If you don't believe me, take a look next time you're driving - look for dents on the corners. And I guarantee a woman is driving the car. The larger the vehicle, the further away you need to stay.

If you see a guy driving one of these dented cars, send me a picture of it, or I will refuse to believe it.

5) Bicyclists. I've had a grand total of two run-in's with other vehicles, and both times it's been with bicyclists. The first time, an inattentive jackwagon broadsided my passenger door while I was stopped at a stop sign. The second time, an idiot had run a red light and he wonders why I nailed him at 30 MPH. The second required a couple court appearances to get my ticket thrown out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi Yellow Jacket-

All right, I'll give this a whirl:

1) Honda Pilot, any year: Woman that's hell on wheels. Probably either on the phone and/or doing her makeup. Oblivious to anything around her, including lane markings and double yellow lines. To this day, I immediately go on alert when I pull up behind a Honda Pilot or one comes up in my mirrors.

2) Pontiac Grand Prix/Oldsmobile Alero/Buick Regal (1991-2004): These guys drive like tools because their car looks kind of sporty. But especially in the Grand Prix, the interior looks like it's been make from the same cheap plastic you get on lunch trays - and most times, the people drive these cars like they stole them. Sometimes, they're actually fast. Other times, the car looks like it's about to shatter into pieces.

3) Chevy Cavalier (1992-2005): GM went more than ten years without a single change to this car, as far as I can tell. Meaning that the driver is either a broke college student, soon to be white trash, or white trash. And in all cases, their radio is too loud to hear the horn blasting behind them because they drive like idiots.

I've had the misfortune of driving a Cavalier before, and I think I know why they keep their radio's so loud: it's so the driver doesn't hear the death rattles of the car coming apart around them.

4) Any car with a dent in the rear bumper corner (sometimes both corners): Woman driver. I guarantee it. If you don't believe me, take a look next time you're driving - look for dents on the corners. And I guarantee a woman is driving the car. The larger the vehicle, the further away you need to stay.

If you see a guy driving one of these dented cars, send me a picture of it, or I will refuse to believe it.

5) Bicyclists. I've had a grand total of two run-in's with other vehicles, and both times it's been with bicyclists. The first time, an inattentive jackwagon broadsided my passenger door while I was stopped at a stop sign. The second time, an idiot had run a red light and he wonders why I nailed him at 30 MPH. The second required a couple court appearances to get my ticket thrown out.
Thank you sir, the Honda Pilot is a fantastic choice and I simply forgot about it. Kudos on that. I would actually like to extend that to the Honda CR-V (all gens).

Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM

6,061 posts, read 14,074,280 times
Has anyone mentioned teenage driver's yet? Our oldest just got licensed. Let the grey hair begin...

Oh... and ditto bicyclists! ^^^ OMG they're awful where we live...

Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,252,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyover_Country View Post
1. All of the liberal eco-statement vehicles- Prius, Insight, Leaf, Smart. These are the ones that are most guaranteed to drive poorly and snarl up traffic, period.
2. Crotch rockets
3. Minivans- make does not matter
4. '90s and 2000s Buicks
5. Any ricer car
So your main thing, in summary, is you have a problem with drivers of.....cars?

Old 01-04-2013, 08:53 AM

990 posts, read 872,994 times
Quote:
It's time for some funny generalizations. This thread is meant to be funny and semi-serious. In your opinion, which cars have the worse drivers/owners. If you state a specific car then please indicate the years or generation of the vehicle. If you mean all generations then no further specifics need to be added. If someone names a car that you own then that would be funny.

I'll go first.

3. Toyota Sienna
4. Honda Odyssey
Glad I'm not the only person who is prejudiced against cars...I think the make and model of a car a person drives says more about them as a driver than their sex, age or nationality.

These three drive slow and seem to be in a bubble where they are oblivious to all other drivers:
Toyota Corolla, not the S model though.
Toyota Prius
PT Cruiser

These are the guys (nearly always white dudes with Affliction or NotW stickers on their cars...) who drive aggressively and who will be going 68 until you try to pass them when their little "ego" gets insulted that the guy in the silver sedan wants to go 75 and not be behind them and they speed up just to keep you from getting in front.

Red pickup trucks
Any new model Mustang (post 2004)

Also, anyone with a "Coexist", "Romney/Ryan", "W '04" or more than 3 Liberal Politics bumper stickers on their car.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,588,028 times
Philly Area:

1) Oversized obnoxious pickups (Ram etc)

2) Oversized SUVs (Escalades etc)

3) Hondas with with the blacked out windows and ground shaking,alarm setting sound systems...

4) Jacked out Harleys with ground shake...

5) Crotch rockets.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:30 AM

29,500 posts, read 71,319,524 times
AMC pacer

Ford PInto

Cadillac Escalade

Old 01-05-2013, 04:10 PM

1,934 posts, read 4,304,141 times
Quote:

I'll go first.

3. Toyota Sienna
4. Honda Odyssey

#1: Acura Integra - pretty much any year. Double trouble if the car is obviously "riced out" with a body kit of any kind or an exhaust system.

#2: Honda Civic - "riced out" models (usually 1990's). Doesn't qualify if the car is not "riced out" in any way - most people who drive normal Civics are good drivers.

#3: Ford Mustang - any super-sport model like the Cobra, Shelby, Roush, etc. Same reason - speed demons who think the laws don't apply to them.

#4: Any sport motorcycle. We've all seen 'em - the guys who think that they can just weave in and out of traffic at 120 mph.

#5: 18-wheeler trucks. We ALL know this one. They're the vehicles that prevent you from going 70 in a 70 zone because they're in the left lane going 60 (because that's the fastest they can go on an incline) to pass the 18-wheeler in the right lane going 55. They're the vehicles that cut over in front of you really quickly and almost whack you off the road like a Great Dane's tail, so that they can go 60 in a 70 to pass the truck on the right that can't top 55.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 PM

662 posts, read 1,105,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post

#5: 18-wheeler trucks. We ALL know this one. They're the vehicles that prevent you from going 70 in a 70 zone because they're in the left lane going 60 (because that's the fastest they can go on an incline) to pass the 18-wheeler in the right lane going 55. They're the vehicles that cut over in front of you really quickly and almost whack you off the road like a Great Dane's tail, so that they can go 60 in a 70 to pass the truck on the right that can't top 55.
I generally find that professional drivers are among the best drivers on the road. Heavy trucks are slow and many are now governed to around 60 mph for fuel economy reasons. That's just a fact of physics and the vast majority of the heavy truck drivers drive knowing this, so they stay out of everybody's way in the right lane and cause no issues. A very small number of them drive poorly, mainly involving passing another truck which is governed 1 mph slower and taking five minutes to do so. Quite a few people hate dump trucks as they get rocks fall off and hit them, but the drivers who are hit nearly always are following too closely and should know better. (Particularly now with load tarp laws being very common.) I rarely see trucks doing the really dangerous things that car drivers do such as talk on a cell phone, drive drunk, tailgate, weave, and change lanes without signaling.

I am not a trucker, I just drive a lot on highways and see a lot of them.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM

4,231 posts, read 6,970,517 times
Add Envoy of tow trucks and Trailbaster to the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive