Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,194,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc63 View Post
From what I gather from this thread, pretty much any car or truck of any sort, driven by about any type of person (male, female, old, young). That about cover it?
I'm about tired of these dumb generalizations, repeated by the unintelligent, and thought of as true by the uninformed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthinkso View Post
Ahhhh the automotive forum..The place where racists and biggots can post their hatred
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It's meant to be funny as well. Man people are so sensitive nowadays.
Quote:
Its not funny of it's directly insulting and people were being serious about it.
Lighten up folks. For the record, the car that I drive was mentioned in an earlier post, which bothered me not one bit. All in all think that many of the comments were quite creative and amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 10:14 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,186,199 times
It's the people that actually believe the stereotypes and are judgemental to start with that are the problem. And the anonymity of the internet that allows people to be insulting to other choices and hiding behind "it's just a funny stereotype" that really get on my nerves. We were told that ANYONE who drives a BMW is a self centered as*hole, and that ANYONE driving a pickup truck on the commute was an idiot.

Think about how you guys were insulted and flamed the OP of the thread about hatchbacks. The OP of that thread just had a different opinion of those cars, but since a lot of hatchback owners felt directly insulted, they responded in kind. That's all I'm doing here. Funny thing is, I can get in trouble for insulting any one of you and you find it offensive, but if you insult my choice of vehicles, *I'm* the one with the problem when I find that offensive. Amazing.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,666,214 times
I don't remember what hatchback thread you are referring to nor have I insulted anyone in it. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,604,894 times
Quote:
It's the people that actually believe the stereotypes and are judgemental to start with that are the problem. And the anonymity of the internet that allows people to be insulting to other choices and hiding behind "it's just a funny stereotype" that really get on my nerves. We were told that ANYONE who drives a BMW is a self centered as*hole, and that ANYONE driving a pickup truck on the commute was an idiot.

Think about how you guys were insulted and flamed the OP of the thread about hatchbacks. The OP of that thread just had a different opinion of those cars, but since a lot of hatchback owners felt directly insulted, they responded in kind. That's all I'm doing here. Funny thing is, I can get in trouble for insulting any one of you and you find it offensive, but if you insult my choice of vehicles, *I'm* the one with the problem when I find that offensive. Amazing.
I wasn't insulted at all, though i was prepared to challenge the stereotype.

I also bought my hatchback knowing that stereotype exists, and not expecting it to simply disappear because the almighty me bought one.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM

469 posts, read 1,864,609 times
Any Male in a pick up truck. Young or old it doesn't matter. The middle-aged to older crowd are the worst.

Also, the younger guys in the lifted pick up trucks. The higher the truck, the worst they are.

Any driver with some form of military identification on their car. (i.e vanity tags, bumper stickers "Navy Wife"/ "Army Brat" etc.)

Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,793,832 times
Quote:

Sounds like you could use one of these

Old 01-03-2013, 12:39 PM

121 posts, read 216,312 times
ALL cars over $45,000

1. They think that with that price tag comes the suspension of all traffic rules (as in stopping at a stop sign/light, using turning signals, using the left lane for passing and not texting, sleeping, eating etc)
2. They are UNAWARE their car can drive 55+mph; they drive these Corvettes at 30mph!? what a waste!? but at the same time...with the gas prices the way they are, those 8 cylinders must be a pump killer! hahahahahaha

Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,624,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia10 View Post
ALL cars over $45,000

1. They think that with that price tag comes the suspension of all traffic rules (as in stopping at a stop sign/light, using turning signals, using the left lane for passing and not texting, sleeping, eating etc)
2. They are UNAWARE their car can drive 55+mph; they drive these Corvettes at 30mph!? what a waste!? but at the same time...with the gas prices the way they are, those 8 cylinders must be a pump killer! hahahahahaha
So are you saying drivers of sports cars should not follow posted speed limits when you just berated the same group for thinking the rules of the road are "suspended" for them. That's both moronic and extremely hypocritical.

And actually my 436 horsepower Corvette averages 27-28 mpg on highways and interstates. Frankly you don't seem too bright.

Did you know a common vehicle like a Buick Enclave can hit a price tag of over $45K? I'm sure those Buick drivers are just maniacs on the road...

Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 PM

726 posts, read 1,222,708 times
Mini Vans, distracted moms.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM

994 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
1. Nissan Maxima
2. BMW 3 series (drivers of 5 series and 7 series are OK surprisingly)
3. Honda Odyssey (They seem to prove their minivan can run)
4. Honda (in general)
5. Honda Civic (surprising entry but true - they seem to think they are driving BMW)
I definetly agree with you on the Honda part!

1st, 2nd, and 3rd places are tied between Honda drivers, big truck/SUV drivers (Not semitrucks, they're actually pretty cool) and the BMW/Mercedes types. Talk about stereotypes gone bad!

4th place - probably the people driving the white commerical vans. They tailgate when you're at the speed limit and don't let up. Don't they realize that their business name and number is on the outside of their van? It's almost like they want bad publicity, LOL.

5th place goes to the wannabe sport car type of cars (Neons, Cavaliers, etc). It's usually some punk kid who drives like an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive