Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2018, 08:35 AM

701 posts, read 693,405 times

Advertisements

What a crappy day yesterday. Went for my yearly checkup and the doctor was super slow. Thank God everything was ok. Spent all morning at the office. Had prescriptions sent to a new pharmacy as my old pharmacy was not a preferred pharmacy any longer. They were very busy because of prescriptions for the new year for their customers. Went eat lunch at a nearby pizza place while waiting for the prescriptions to be filled. While eating, the waitress came and told me someone had run into my car. Went outside and there was a lady by my car. She said it was a hit and run and she had written down the license number of the car. Called 911 and gave them the license number and the police came. The officer said they had run the plate and it came back as not a registered plate. I have a $250 deductible and my insurance will probably go up because of this. Why can’t people own up to their mistakes? If you damage something, stay there and deal with it. Don’t add insult to injury. This is my luck as about six months ago someone broke into my new truck. They were trying to steal my rims and broke into the truck looking for the wheel lock key. They did not find the key but did $2,850 in damages to my truck. The driver side door had to be changes as it was too damages to be fixed. This was done on my carport in the wee hours of the morning. Just getting all this off my chest. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 05:52 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times
They probably didn't have Insurance, thats why they left. Around here, most patrol cars have Plate Readers, and if a car with an expired Plate drives by, it sets off an alert to the officer along with a picture of the Plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive