Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times

Advertisements

Stickers, "we don't need no stinkin stickers".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 02:19 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,586,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsGL1800 View Post
Rather have them on the plate then have to put those ugly state registration and inspection stickers on the front windshield.
Same here. I just renewed my registration and got the tab in the mail a few days later. Wipe the license plate and apply. All done. No inspection needed, no emissions needed, no window sticker needed.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
I could be very wrong here, but if you have a AAA account and let's say you ripped or lost the stickers, I think AAA will just give them to you if you show proof.
Only problem with that is if the sticker has a serial number that's listed on your registration. That's how Alaska does it. If the tab number doesn't match the tab number on your registration you might have a little 'splanin to do to the nice man in uniform. Not to mention I don't know of any state other than CA that lets AAA provide DMV services.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Not sure about other states, but Ca. only issues one set of stickers for the rear plate.
Alaska is the same way. Same goes for the 19 states that only issue a rear plate.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbstang View Post
I'm glad we don't have the plate stickers anymore. We had many thefts of stickers in Texas from thieves using a razor blade to peel them off when people plastered several stickers on top of each other. Now we have printed 2"x3" tags with your plate number on them that go on the inside of the windshield. Much less theft for sure and the plates look a lot cleaner without the stickers on them.
Must be a nuisance when you have to get a new windshield. My Jeep would be on about its 6th windshield by now if I replaced it every time it got cracked. But I just drive with a windshield that's got a half dozen cracks all over it. Which isn't a problem when you don't have to deal with silly inspections.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:54 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Only problem with that is if the sticker has a serial number that's listed on your registration. That's how Alaska does it. If the tab number doesn't match the tab number on your registration you might have a little 'splanin to do to the nice man in uniform. Not to mention I don't know of any state other than CA that lets AAA provide DMV services.

There are numerous stand alone Tag & Title outlets here in Maryland. They, of course, have a somewhat not insignificant service charge but it beats standing in line for hours at the MVA office for a two minute transaction. AAA also provides it here as well as Pennsylvania.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:01 PM

15,431 posts, read 25,811,329 times
Quote:
Must be a nuisance when you have to get a new windshield. My Jeep would be on about its 6th windshield by now if I replaced it every time it got cracked. But I just drive with a windshield that's got a half dozen cracks all over it. Which isn't a problem when you don't have to deal with silly inspections.
We just had a windshield replaced on one of our cars. I watched the guy transfer the inspection sticker from the old, broken windshield to the new windshield. It looked easy to do.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:23 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkacton1 View Post
I live in Alabama and got pulled over yesterday by the police and he said my tag was improperly displayed. He said the month should be on the left side and the year on the right side. I asked him how I could fix this. My new year sticker is coming this month. I asked him if I would get both stickers and he said if I don't to get it fixed. He didn't say how. It sounds like I need to contact the DMV and ask them. He let me go. By the way the sticker for the month on the left says October and it should say January. I don't know how that happened. I was pulled over twice last year and nothing was said about my tag.
The renewal month goes by the first letter of your last name. My stickers say Oct too and my last name starts with ‘W’.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
There are numerous stand alone Tag & Title outlets here in Maryland. They, of course, have a somewhat not insignificant service charge but it beats standing in line for hours at the MVA office for a two minute transaction. AAA also provides it here as well as Pennsylvania.
Hours in line at the DMV?! I can't remember the last time it took me longer than 10 or 15 minutes to get in, get waited on and get out. I had to get a new title last week and I was in and out in 13 minutes and that's only because it was the end of the month. Normally it wouldn't have taken that long.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:00 AM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Hours in line at the DMV?! I can't remember the last time it took me longer than 10 or 15 minutes to get in, get waited on and get out. I had to get a new title last week and I was in and out in 13 minutes and that's only because it was the end of the month. Normally it wouldn't have taken that long.
The last time I went all I had to do was turn in the plates for a vehicle that was totalled. Almost two hours. And I considered myself fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive