Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,678 posts, read 57,964,398 times

Advertisements

RE: wagons, Yes the USA is REALLY falling behind other coutures on very functional and economical wagons, especially on the Sport side (suspension...)

I am Building #3 Passat B4V TDI.
Find a Glx Wagon (VR6) ($1000)
find a donor TDI sedan ($1500)

Swap out the VR6 (sell it for $1500), toss in the TDI (sell the donor parts / metal for $1000)

and FREE A 50 mpg wagon w/ 25 gal tank (1250 miles per fill, no problem finding diesel, the VERY few times you NEED it... (Better to Brew Your own)Appleseed 2.0 Biodiesel Processor Plans | The Appleseed Biodiesel Processor

Airbags, plenty of trick suspension and performance parts CHEAP repairs (when seldom needed) EXCEPT door handles ($8)... I carry a few spares

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
At work were we have diesel trucks, we have to travel across town to the nearest diesel station, In a MAJOR Philly metro area. Forget that
You need a 'buddy' Philadelphia Gas Prices - Find Cheap Diesel Prices in Pennsylvania
I live in the BOONIES and can find diesel about everywhere (But a chinese or Mex Restaurant will suffice for my FREE diesel alternative (as will heating oil in PA) . I have many diesel friends who pump decommissioned heating oil tanks for free fuel. JetA will work too, so no need to drive across town! (do pay your road tax when using OFF road fuel. Beats 'doing-time', and is VERY ez to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 AM

1,618 posts, read 2,622,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
Wagons are already cool, we're merely looking for acknowledgement You other kids don't have to settle for a SUV or a crossover any more.
THAT wagon is cool, certainly...but only in the same way a Jeep with jacked up suspension and balloon tires is. It's not really quite what people are looking for here unless it has three cupholders for every passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
RE: wagons, Yes the USA is REALLY falling behind other coutures on very functional and economical wagons, especially on the Sport side (suspension...)
Count yourself lucky we still have sport hatches like the Mazda3, and the WRX. Some of our roads really are NOT sport-suspension friendly.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:37 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,170,764 times
Our rental car for this trip to the UK is an Audi A3 tdi sportback, kind of a short wagon or a long hatchback. It's been driven on the highways and in the cities with lots of short trips and traffic jams-getting lost in York during rush hour was a hoot, let me tell you-and the mileage numbers thus far are 711 miles and 13.78 gallons (52 liter), yielding 51.6 mpg. I could see buying one of those.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,739,724 times
We have a very nice Wagon. It is made by Red Ryder. We have had it for thirty five years and it still works just like new.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:09 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,559,491 times
Heres the wagon versions of cars we already get in the US.

Ford Fusion (AKA Mondeo)

Focus

Buick Regal

Buick Verano (AKA Astra in Europe)

Mazda 6

5 series

C class

Old 03-03-2013, 05:22 AM

5,450 posts, read 6,024,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
I wouldn't mind buying a TSX wagon, they are pretty nice and not too pricey.
I have been watching the TSX. It's on my short list of sportwagons (along with the Maxda 6). Biggest problem with the TSX is the lack of the V6 as an option. The 4 banger is a bit underpowered. Beats me why they throw the V6 in the sedan but won't offer it in the sportwagon.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,980,956 times
They all pretty much look the same. I love wagons, but give me one with fins and lots of unique personality. More TDI wagons would be nice though.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,008,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calel View Post
They updated their 5 door wagon this year and rebadged it the Hyundai Elantra GT. I guess they wanted it to look less like a wagon. Seems pretty nice...lots of bells and whistles for under 25k. I'm currently considering it and the Mazda3 hatch.
From everything I've been reading the Elantra GT is completely different from the prior Elantra wagon. Its not a rebadge. The GT looks cool.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,559,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
From everything I've been reading the Elantra GT is completely different from the prior Elantra wagon. Its not a rebadge. The GT looks cool.
There is no such thing as an Elantra wagon anymore. Elantra GT in the US = Hyundai I30 everywhere else.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:07 PM

24,435 posts, read 25,963,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Heres the wagon versions of cars we already get in the US.

Ford Fusion (AKA Mondeo)

Focus

Buick Regal

Buick Verano (AKA Astra in Europe)

Mazda 6

5 series

C class

I didn't think the Mazda 6 wagon was coming to the US according to this.

2014 Mazda6 Skyactiv-D Wagon Quick Spin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive