Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 06:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,256,544 times

Advertisements

Nothing kills the interior for me faster than black. Tan makes the cabin light, airy and luxurious. Just look at factory pics for luxury cars.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 07:08 PM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,038,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
There is no difference. I have to like the aesthetics of the car and that is influenced by the cars I mentioned. Same for a lot of us (as is evidenced by the picture of the Magnum PI Ferrari).

The simple fact is, a lot of the classic cars that influence people are the ones I mentioned. Few people are dreaming of a '98 Camry. Tan goes with red based in part on the color wheel, but also because it was used by those influential cars like the ones I posted.

Oh, and you do a lot in your life to impress others, from work ethic, to the clothes you wear to the style of your hair, even if it's on a subconscious level. You will care how others perceive you at first glance. It's why most of us shower and wear deodorant/cologne/perfume (depending on gender). Unless you really want people to look at you as an unkempt slob/bum. Even if you think you only do it to make YOU happy, you have to look at why it makes you happy.

Homes and cars are a part of that, and financially one of the biggest parts of that.
I don't work hard to impress anybody. I work hard to get as much done as I can during my shift.

I don't shower, wear deodorant, etc, to impress anybody. I shower because I don't like to feel 'yucky' after more than two days.

I also don't give two steaming brown loads about 'brand names' when it comes to products and accessories I use everyday. I just can't wast time stressing about stuff like that.

If I project anything in my choices of clothing, personal hygene, or the cars I drive, it's not my goal, and it's someone elses' code 5150.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:25 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,069 times
Saw an '80s Ferrari Testarossa the other day, black with tan interior. For some reason (ahem, cough cough!) the color combo looked a bit classier than it did on my 79 firebird formula.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:33 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthisle View Post
Black is dark, depressing, and claustrophobic. You'll have an eternity in a black interior when you're 6 feet under, enjoy some light
Thats silly. Its all about personal preference. I like black leather interiors. But then I would like a beautiful German woman to walk on me wearing high heels so... its a different mindset.

Old 01-26-2018, 02:55 PM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times
I would think people who haul around Golden Retrievers like tan interiors. Now if I could only find an interior that matches my German Shepherd's hair.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:49 AM

1,062 posts, read 979,407 times
Don't forget the coolest vehicle with a tan interior, the Enterprise D

Here's something interesting, the 300zx's seats were inspired by Star Trek TNG
https://www.endurancewarranty.com/le...w-era-classic/
https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-the-...day-1804998038

I always got strong TNG vibes from that car, right down to the LCARS taillights

Old 01-29-2018, 07:02 AM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,216 times
I like red interiors more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive